Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking of parting out my 77 f250 to build my bronco back into running shape but i have a few questions.

would the high boy rear springs work on the rear of the bronco and be a good height match to the 6 inch front coils i have?

would it be better or worse and why to swap my broncos part time case for the 3/4 ton fulltime case? i know length wise it would be worse but what about strength?

another one is due to frame differances would it be too crazy of an idea to chop down the f250s frame to fit the broncos body and what about swapping the coil set up over?

the reasons im askin is im broke as a joke and neither one runs right now...i cant even afford the carb for the f250 but with parting the 250 out i think between what i dont use i can build it back to running status.

·
Registered
404 Posts
the 3/4 ton fulltime case? .
Would that by any chance be a divorced NP203???

Assumeing your Bronco is a 78/79, the part time (NP205) that's in it is far stronger than a 203 is.... the 205 is gear to gear, where as the 203 is chain driving.....

And you answered your own question about swapping the Bronco body on the 250 frame when you said you were low on money... Be better off in the long run to focus on one (the one that will take the least amount of money) and get it going first, then decide what you want to do with the other.....

·
Registered
497 Posts
I am in Ocala....if you go partin it out....I wanna look. If you need any help let me know!

Im thinking of parting out my 77 f250 to build my bronco back into running shape but i have a few questions.

would the high boy rear springs work on the rear of the bronco and be a good height match to the 6 inch front coils i have?

would it be better or worse and why to swap my broncos part time case for the 3/4 ton fulltime case? i know length wise it would be worse but what about strength?

another one is due to frame differances would it be too crazy of an idea to chop down the f250s frame to fit the broncos body and what about swapping the coil set up over?

the reasons im askin is im broke as a joke and neither one runs right now...i cant even afford the carb for the f250 but with parting the 250 out i think between what i dont use i can build it back to running status.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it needs a carb to get it running.and ill def holler cause the 250 is down here in orlando and the bronco is in palatka.i just hate tearing a good truck apart.
main things i want is the front grill, 8 lug outters and dana 60 rear axle then ofcourse the motor and tranny cause i had to destry the bronco one to built this one.

but im thinkin i can put all the left over parts back together to make a 77 f150 highboy with no motor or tranny?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rear springs won't work. A highboy springs are 2.5" wide and the bronco is 3" wide. Transfer case is divorce mount so that won't work. And the highboy frame is also narrower than a bronco/78-79 fseries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts