Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but how cool is it, my wife wouldnt really care, she thinks its pretty cool,
i would some how put catsers or something on it though, to move it easier

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
that is sweet. ive got a small apartment and i got a 2.8 bronco ii block. hmmmmm.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Yup, I think I'm gonna do that - clean it up, spray paint it a chrome paint, get a glasstop from a cheap dinette set, and call it good. No room here for something like that, so I'll be selling it :D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wow, hey that is a great idea. Man its gonna be a PITA the next time you have to move. Gonna have to bring the cherry picker in the living room. But hey if you dont move to much, it would be awesome.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if its an empty block, it wont be too bad, heavy still, im thinking of making a base for it, siome nice hard wood, so it doest dent the floor. it sure woood take a few guys to move it though

but i dont think it should weigh a whole lot

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
blueoval78 said:
if its an empty block, it wont be too bad, heavy still, im thinking of making a base for it, some nice hard wood, so it doest dent the floor. it sure woood take a few guys to move it though

but i dont think it should weigh a whole lot
My wife and I carried my bare 429 block into the garage, so the 400 block will weigh about 30-50lbs lighter (I'm just guessing). You could also make the block lighter, by cutting out the inside of the block

I'm thinking about adding recessed casters to the underside ofthe block, so it'll roll around a bit easier. I might be using different pistons tho, since the crank and pistons could be sold to someone else, to build their 351 to a 400

We'll see, I still have to figure out how the F to get mine into the Bronco w/o a cherry picker, or A-frame :shrug

·
Registered
548 Posts
Im sure that you can rent a cherry picker for a weekend somewhere. We rented one once when we had to pull a engine. If I remember it wasent to expensive.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Me? It's not running, and it's now missing the distributor, carb, and oil pan/pump/dipstick. Besides, it's been sitting in the dirt, out in the open since I, literally, yanked the engine from the frame (really, I used the blazer to yank out the engine/tranny/tcase, when it was sitting on the ground)

I would rent a picker, but I only need the picker for 10 minutes, and it's not worth the minimum rate for just that. So, I might be field stripping the engine, and doing it that way

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i happen to have an f-150 with a 302 that is trashed, ideas are now happening! anyone really need an 8.8 rear and 2wd aod?

wes

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Ahh, you were looking for a runner... gotcha. If you're going to build the 79 to a trail rig, you'll like the torque from the 400 better anyway

1 - 19 of 19 Posts