Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
4,034 Posts
My 78 had no smog equipment on it when I got it. I don't know if the PO did anything to it internally, but it had an Edelbrock Performer 400 intake and an Edelbrock 750 cfm carb on it when I bought it. I felt that was way too much carb for an otherwise stock 351M, but other than smelling of gas constantly and having hard starts if it sat for more than a couple of days, it ran fine. Its a 4 speed as well.

I did buy an adapter to put a 2bbl carb on it, so I could try the 2100 off my F100 to see if a smaller carb would perform the way i wanted before i bought something new. I basically got better throttle response off idle, but once it revved a bit, you could tell it wanted more cfm. My 2100 is very small for what it's worth. I don't know the cfm, but it even starves my F100's 302 a bit. They make larger 2bbl's of course, so that shouldn't be an issue if you do go with a 2150 or something similar.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts