Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, My wife gave me a heads up that she is going to let me paint my Bronco this spring. So I have been pulling my hair out trying to find the coolest color combination. Currently its a Stock Eddie Bauer Blue/Tan. Which doesn't look bad as far as stock colors go. Every year I go to the Meecum Auto Auction here in Kissimmee hoping to find the perfect color. I really like the look of these new Candy colors, but I dont know. I would probly have heart failure if I scratched it off road. So im thinking about just a better shade of blue thats close-ish to the stock color, but with alot more metal flake in it. Maybe instead of the Tan EB highlights, I thought maybe something like this...

Without the BOSS 302

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Well, since you have to get permission from your wife than how bout that Mary Kay pink?...LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.

Hey when your married, a Large expense like that has to be a TEAM decision.

I was thinking also about something like this....

Loved this color ever since I saw it.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I'm going gunmetal gray with grille/trim blacked out. The BKO's had some really nice two tones through the years.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
If you are liking blue I'm thinkin a blue with grey trim and top would look sweet.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Are you going to do a serious paint job? As in Door jambs and under the hood? Or are you just going to shhot the outside of the body? If just doing the outside of the body then I would try to stay as close to the factory color as I could.. Maybe just factory color bedazzled with extra clear or extra pearl. I think vehicles that are painted half ass a different color look cheesy. No matter how good the paint on the outside looks it goes staright to shit as soon as you pop the hood or open a door.

·
Registered
93 Posts
how much experience do u have with painting? if its ur first, stay away from pearls for sure and some metallics. White is the easiest to get a good result. black is one of the hardest. Like somebody else said if ur not gonna do door jambs stay close to the factory colors. Ive been told dont mix metallic and non metallic colors in large amounts it doesnt look good (but its personal preference imo). example, bottom half nonmetallic blue and top half metallic grey. Dont skimp on the clear get a really good clear so it lasts and protects from uv and oxidization.

Im prepping mine for paint now. I was gonna do all pearl white until it was gonna cost me 1000 just for the supplies. So i backed up a little and gonna go with a bright white and one small metallic blue and silver stripe down the side.

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
LOL.

Hey when your married, a Large expense like that has to be a TEAM decision.
I was thinking also about something like this....

Loved this color ever since I saw it.
------

yo J,
I saw that color @ an auction when I helped Chip and his Lynne a week before he one da Don Ridler Memorial Award for the "Impression"
I still have the T that Chip drew the "Impression" on and autographed! He didn't hestitate to draw it despite all the secrecy in keeping that info private; By All competitors, btw
("Helped" = assisted fam member PD detective w/some security @ that time; many pick-pockets and theives frequent there; have to also check all vins of vehicles for sale and on display vs. stolen vehicle data base)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you going to do a serious paint job? As in Door jambs and under the hood?

It will be a serious paint job. If I change the color it will ALL be changed, anything you can see at least. Im not gonna blast under the carpet and under the headliner or side panels. I will go ahead and pull the doors and fenders off. Im going to have it Plastic bead blasted. There's a place that will blast it for $500 inside and out. Then they also throw a etching primer coat on it to keep it from rusting.

I will do all the prep work I can before giving it to the blaster.
Then it will go next door to the paint shop. I would paint it myself if I could afford to have it down for a month, but Im just gonna bite the bullet and let them do it all.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Stay away from Maaco, they advertise alot down here and their work sux...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm considering paint schemes myself. I have been doing paint and bodywork for a while and have been addicted to airbrushing for a few years now. I am planning on doing a "2-tone" of a sort. Leaning toward the Yamaha blue on the top and bottom. Where the trim breaks the middle of the truck im going to get crazy airbrushing. Either doing a waving American flag or a rivited panel effect in silver base with a kobalt kandy blue over it. Not decided yet. I have plenty of body work to do first. Rear sides, tailgate, front fenders, etc, etc.....the typical stuff. Just for kicks if anyones interested in painting or supplies check out tcpglobal.com. They have pretty fair prices. Most major brands. Really decent pricing on single stage factory pack kits as well. If interested in airbrushing check out coastairbrush.com. Those guys are great. Its been a great hobby for me and I really like to try and promote it. Anyway, sorry to ramble.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts