Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a thread in the 80-92 forum a few days back about an '88 I was looking at, decided they wanted too much for it considering the work it needed, soooo...

I've come across a 1978 that looks promising, but I thought I'd post here and get everyone's thoughts.

The body is straight with only a touch of rust at the bottom of the left rear quarter fender well area. Needs paint, too. Had A/C at one time but it's since been disabled and there's no compressor on the engine.

It has a freshly rebuilt 400M with an Edelbrock intake and Holley 650 carb. Runs good, don't know if it's had head work or anything done or if it was just a rebuild with stock components (Seller didn't have the rebuild done to it). C6 auto, 9" rear, D44 front...the usual.

Also has all new engine accessories, like alternator, water pump, power steering pump. New brake master cylinder as well. The drivetrain is solid and in good shape with no leaks that I could see.

Also, the heater blower box is missing part of its cover or something, so basically it doesn't have a working HVAC system.

I know it's hard to say its approximate value without seeing it, but a general idea wouldn't hurt. They're asking $2900 but are negotiable.

Thoughts? Opinions? :D Thanks in advance.

--
Hogan

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
Sounds like a pretty nice truck but I wouldn't pay more than $1500

·
Registered
23 Posts
sounds just like mine. i got mine more 500 and and it had some performance stuff on the rebuil, full dual exhaust, trailor hitched fron and rear and was already lifted with 35 at's. but like is said i only paid 500.

·
Super Moderator
24,653 Posts
Yo,
FYI,
We sold our 78 in Dec 2000 for $1200. See some pics in out SF site (Link is shown below). Everything worked incl all gauges and and lighting and passed NY state inspection. It ran every day and looked good but needed a new paint job to look super.
Tire were only P235's off of our 96 to get it out the door and sold.
Had a 4" Superlift, 2" body lift ready to install + all new engine/electr accessories as you have described.

So, maybe offer $1k to $1500 less; and less if a closer inspection reveal oil press/leakage probs.

Good year tho!. SAS, no cats or smog pump and factory duals!.
Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the same problem. I am looking at a 79 bronco and it needs a lot of work. Make sure everything is sound before settling on it. You can get burned too easy with a monster like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts