Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Knocking around the idea of selling my '96 Bronco, it's a 351 w/ 114K.
Since my dad passed, a lot of things have changed. Long story short, I'm seriously thinking about building a shop here at my house. I'd like to do it, or most of it, without a loan/mortgage.

I would sell it with or without the plow and with both sets of tires. If you look at my build thread, (there's a link in my sig) you can see what was done to it. There is a ton of custom stuff, like a custom built Currie 9", Cut-N-Turn reinforced front housing, RCV axles, etc..
So, I guess what am asking you guys, what do you think it would bring on the open market. Thanks.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
Condolences on the loss of your Dad. I did some minor searching on BaT. The screenshot, IMO, is the most comparable one recently sold.

It’s hard to place a value due to the mods but I’d list it nationwide via FSB, eBay or my fav, bringatrailer to get the most exposure. I’d also wait for the release of the new Bronco.,,that is expected to increase the value of all Broncos.

No doubt that’s an awesome truck you have. Best of luck!
2C10418D-856C-43F6-8EAF-9B54D306DF8F.jpeg

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
578 Posts
From what I’ve seen lately, I wouldn’t be shocked if it brought $30,000 listed at $35,000. Beautiful rig. Hate to see her go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
You've got too many toys!

Hard to say, but definitely no less than 20k.

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigBlue 94: Current: '85 Bronco, '96 F350, '08 F350, '78 F150, '88 F250, '99 E250, '02 Explorer Sport
Past: '94 Bronco, '96 F350, '95 F250, '90 F150, '03 Mach 1 Mustang, '00 F150 H-D, '74 Bronco, '76 "bronco" buggy, '79 Z28 Camaro

FSB Moderator

I have too many toys?????? REALLY???

·
Super Moderator
25,306 Posts
Yo Joe,
My condolences to you and family on the loss of your dad.

Suggest you have it listed in an on line auction such as Bring a Trailer Media, LLC.

GL!

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,862 Posts
Agree with others, though I also think a little Niche, and may take awhile before the right person can appreciate the work that is there. Especially as its all good stuff, nothing half assed

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
BigBlue 94: Current: '85 Bronco, '96 F350, '08 F350, '78 F150, '88 F250, '99 E250, '02 Explorer Sport
Past: '94 Bronco, '96 F350, '95 F250, '90 F150, '03 Mach 1 Mustang, '00 F150 H-D, '74 Bronco, '76 "bronco" buggy, '79 Z28 Camaro

FSB Moderator

I have too many toys?????? REALLY???
(Insert brown bag smiley) yeah, I have a ford 'problem'. Just picked up a second boat too... '90 alumicraft fisherman150 with a 30hp Suzuki. Only 93 hours on the whole thing.

Reactions: Joecruiser

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,517 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad - that's always difficult. Also sad to hear you are looking to part with your amazing Bronco. With as clean as it is, with all the custom upgrades and one-off fabricated add-ons, it could definitely fetch top dollar to the right buyer. The only issue I would foresee would be exactly that - finding the right buyer. Not everyone wants a monster truck.

Regardless, to the right buyer, I'd guestimate you could bring in $25K+ for it.

Again, hate to see it go....

·
Premium Member
3,932 Posts
i wouldn't presume to know you, but based on what you've posted before i can imagine that you'd be really happy to get back to having a shop of your own.

i won't bother to guess a dollar value because i have no clue, but you need to be sure to include "FOTM winner" in the listing! definitely adds $500 value, minimum.

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks @dash_cam , I still have my shop and I still do work out of there, just not sure if I want to stay there for "family" reasons.

Reactions: dash_cam

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,549 Posts
Awe 😥 sorry to hear about ur pops... Deepest condolences for all his loved ones...
As far as the BKO goes... Around here (nwpa) I could see her selling for 19-28k easily... I had 2 offers at/over 20k for mine as she sat at the mechanics (from other mechanics 😂).
I hope everything works out for u as u want it to... And hopefully we'll still see you around here even if u sell the 96 ❤

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,469 Posts
Sorry about your loss Cobra. I agree with the others but its really hard to tell, the right person walks along with a pocket full of cash and boom. Good luck with your sale and the shop and thanks for all the advice you've given and knowledge shared.

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks @BroncMom and @biggum , if I can get a variance from the town to add on to my existing garage, it would make sense to turn it into cash and build; if not, I'll keep it. Either way, you guys (and gals!) are stuck with me. I still have a '74 Bronco and in my 60 years on this planet, I've had at least one Bronco since I was 14 and I probably will always have one....

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,549 Posts
Thanks @BroncMom and @biggum , if I can get a variance from the town to add on to my existing garage, it would make sense to turn it into cash and build; if not, I'll keep it. Either way, you guys (and gals!) are stuck with me. I still have a '74 Bronco and in my 60 years on this planet, I've had at least one Bronco since I was 14 and I probably will always have one....
Woohoo 👍😁

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
@cobrajoe Whatever you decide to do...please don’t go away. You’re an awesome member here! I’m 59 so we’re almost the same age.

As for a variance, obviously each city/town/municipality has their own zoning codes. I’m assuming you want to either:

A. Encroach on the setbacks
B. Add on more square footage than allowed per lot size.

Where I live, which is notorious for strict compliance, in order to obtain a variance for any of the above, the owner would have to show or demonstrate a hardship. Neighbors within 500 feet need to be advised via letter of your intent and they can challenge it. And it costs a lot of money. But it’s done all the time.

That said, I’m sure you know Cobra, just posting this for those guys/gals a lil younger than us and that may not be aware of what you trying to achieve.

My advice: Sell something else or better: take advantage of the insanely low finance rates. Banks are practically giving free money. It would be hard to replace your truck. You’d have to build one again from scratch.

An addition or improvement to real estate can be done at any time. Best of luck....

And don’t leave us!!

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words @Joecruiser , I want to add on to my existing 3 car/stall garage, but doing so, puts me too close to the property line. I could build a separate shop elsewhere on the property, but this would be the fastest and cheapest way. Here we have to notify our abutters, and, our abutters, abutters also. With no protests, the whole thing could take 3 months to approve, then another 30 days to allow someone to appeal it if they so desired.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks for the kind words @Joecruiser , I want to add on to my existing 3 car/stall garage, but doing so, puts me too close to the property line. I could build a separate shop elsewhere on the property, but this would be the fastest and cheapest way. Here we have to notify our abutters, and, our abutters, abutters also. With no protests, the whole thing could take 3 months to approve, then another 30 days to allow someone to appeal it if they so desired.
Got to love that bs gov bureaucracy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,227 Posts
Late to the party but man... what a drag. Sorry to hear the fam issues are making you uncomfortable enough to consider drastic actions. Always amazes me how the death of a loved one can bring out the worst in some.

That rig is outstanding and with all the time and effort, not to mention just knowing it so well inside and out... man. You've got plenty of other rigs to let go and make that money. Unless you're just sick of lifting those giant tires on and off the rig. And who's gonna take care of plowing... and look so completely bad-ass doing it?

I do understand though. Sometimes, life changes and we have to adjust. I'm just glad to hear we don't have to worry about loosin' ya. Then I'd have to ring your cell all the damn time. ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
List it so it gets exposure in the Southern States. Being rust free and with the mods you've done you shouldn't have trouble getting @ $30K for it. Lifted trucks bring money in the South, especially rust free examples. Heck, there's a dealer near me in VA - all they do is buy used trucks (usually HIGH miles) and install lift kits / tires / wheels and they sell like you wouldn't believe.

Last year they had a FSB (1993 or 1994 if memory serves) it had 200K on it. They cleaned it up, put a 6" lift on it, tires, wheels, shocks and detailed it.....it went for almost $15K QUICK. And it was TIRED.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts