Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aaahhh man. i really love this thing but i think getting a 78/79 that i can beat would be way more fun. im scared to take this through bushes and trees when im wheeling because i dont want to scratch it. this thing is just too nice for someone like me too lol. plus it has 191,000 miles on it. things are goingto start going out. the brakes are already. i really love those 78/79 bodies too. i really like the straight axles in them also. im seriously stumped if i should put an ad on craigslist saying i want to trade. or even if someone on here wanted to trade that lives around here. i havent really even put the much work into it either. i9 mean, everything i want to put on it is expensive and i think getting a beater 78/79 would be fun just to put some simple mods on it. hmmm what would you do? i think i may just wait and save up for another one that i can beat and keep this one.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Let me understand your logic here. Your 93 has 191k miles on it and your worried about things needing replaced. So lets get a truck that is 14 or 15 years older that needs even more work and has even more miles plus rust plus is beat to death? Great thinking!

-Curtis-

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know. lol but if i get one with a rebuilt motor/tranny. i think it would be worth it. those are what im worried about in the bronco i got right now. e4od are expensive as hell to rebuild. plus working on the older trucks are way easier im not used to the computer stuff and sensors in these. i guess i could learn but i seems to like the 78/79's a whole lot more.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Stick with what you got.
You're afraid to scratch it so you want something old with crappy paint so you can scratch that, right? Thats dumb. Just scratch what you got and don't worry about it. And like the guy above said, its going to need a lot more work then what you got now. Plus you already have EFI, if the only other thing you want besides crappy paint is a solid axle just swap one in.

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, hhmmm. ill probably just save and get one. i hate to ruin my nice daily driver. i dont really care about the outside as mush as getting my whole nice fancy leather interior dirty and muddy lol. i would really like to have just a straight wheeling rig though

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
If your truck is your daily driver it doesnt make sense to replace it with a wheeling rig

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
dont trade, just buy a second beater, yours isnt worth trading for a 78/79
:stupid You'll be much happier with 2 trucks. You can beat the hell outta that Gen 3 you got and DD the 78-79... oh, wait you wanted to wheel the 78-79 and drive the Gen 3 daily? Why destroy the awesomest (is that a word?) Bronco body style ever made (78-79) by beating it in the woods?

J/K definitely keep the one you have to DD and save up for a nice 2nd Gen bronco to wheel, they are sweet!

Dave

·
Registered
826 Posts
"just needs a radiator and alternator bracket to run"
I always wonder about these ones, if thats all it takes then why wouldnt the seller have it running? It probably sounds like a dryer full of baseballs when running.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,822 Posts
Agreed on getting two, I have a '78 project wheeler, and a '92 that is lifted and that but is mostlly a street truck.
About the mileage I would not worry about, there are a lot rigs on here that have 200,000 + and have zero issues, my 92 being one of them. Just keep on top of oil changes and don't neclect stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts