Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
ebay description said:
It takes more than blocks and bolts to make a quality body lift kit.
But then, why does the pic only show blocks and bolts?

IMO, you can get a better price if you shop around a little bit. Don't forget to consider they want $25 shipping into your $ comparisons

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Seems pretty alright, just make sure you get your hands on some sort of bumper brackets (as said in the auction), unless you like your bumper looking like it's falling off the truck.

I would like to know, though, what do you do about steering? I've heard that there are many issues but I've never actually seen a resolution.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
That's a performace accesories kit. They are pretty much the standard.. I know on the 87-91 you have to extend the shifter linkage.. Which they provide the piece of metal that needs to be welded in with the kit. Nothing really needs to be "done" to the steering..

The also leave you to modify your own radiator fan shroud..

We have the 3" kit on our bronco and our neighbor bought the same one and will be putting it on it soon..

·
Premium Member
6,781 Posts
I have that body lift kit. I don't know of any bumper brackets that are available to bring the bumpers up. We had to finagle mine to work. We welded on a medal peice for the linkage on the transmission..

Some advice though,

Don't be dumbasses like we were and decide to pour a concrete slab for a shed using a manual mixer on the same day of the lift install.. :banghead

·
Registered
177 Posts
sorry to go off topic but is there more or less body mounts on a bronco then a f 150?? because i bought a body lift for my old f150 never installed it then i got my bronc

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
They F150 has 6 pucks in the cab and 6 in the baed for a SWB truck (total of 12). IIRC the has Bronco a total of 8.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
gearrat said:
its a good lift but you can find them cheaper if ya look around. and dale the bko has ten pucks :toothless

I wasn't sure. I know alot more about the F150 than the Bronco.:thumbup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts