Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Shreveport man, upset at his girlfriend because she broke up with him, started shooting at her this morning, sending a stray bullet through a Caddo Parish school bus and injuring a child with flying glass.

The child, an 8-year-old who was sitting on the back seat of the bus, was taken to LSU Hospital where he was expected to be treated for cuts and released.

Bus No. 95 was carrying 48 students to Midway Elementary School and had just picked up a child on Cleveland Street when the bullet went through the back window of the bus.

Police said the shot was among four that were fired from about two blocks away. The suspect's girlfriend was not injured, police said.

Police converged on the area looking for 18-year-old Demarcus Jackson of Clarke Street, who they said fled after opening fire. He remained at large late this morning.

Jackson faces attempted second-degree murder charges and police said additional charges are likely.

"The shooting occurred after he and his girlfriend were fighting because she broke up with him," Police Department spokeswoman Kacee Hargrave said.

Jackson's mother, Regina, urged her son this morning to contact her.

The bullet that hit the bus was found near the driver's seat.

Some of the children aboard the bus were sobbing after the shooting. They were taken to the Greenwood Road school, where counselors were on hand. Some parents checked their children out of school.

"Fortunately, this child was not seriously injured, but the results could have been much worse," Hargrave said of the injured third-grader. "Guns are not the answer to solve problems. This is just another example of that."

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too bad it didnt ricochet and catch him in the temple-stupid sumbitch-if my kid was on that bus, I would make it my personal mission to find him-then he'd turn himself in for mercy because i would be judge, jury and executioner on his punk ass-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts