Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Bronco XLT 5.0 auto trans with 150,000 miles. In the morning, outside temp doesn't seem to matter, when I start my truck it starts and after about 5 seconds of running the engine races to about 1800 rpm and the check engine light flashes 4-5 times then the motor stalls almost all the way out but doesn't die then settles at 1000 rpms. Once it comes down to 7-800 rpms I leave the house and the truck runs like crap until I hammer the throttle under load a couple of times, it clears out and runs fine for the rest of the day. It doesn't do it every day and I am at a loss. I have replaced the fuel tank and filter in the last year but it was doing it before that. I have a good code reader for OBD-1 (Matco Determinator) and it doesn't show any codes probably because OBD1 doesn't always store codes like OBD2 does. So I ask you all........WTF is goin on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.