Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I need to know how to replace the alternator in a V8 1985 grand marquis. I know I know this is a bronco site but I looked and looked for something or someone else to tell me but nothing. If anyone could help me out on where to find out how to do it and or someone knows how plz let me know! Thank you so much! ::*SMOOCHES*:: *Tamara* :scratchhe

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Take the old one out, put the new one in, it's kind of a no brainer. Whatever you do to get the old one out, do it in reverse to put the new one in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bronco Rob said:
Take the old one out, put the new one in, it's kind of a no brainer. Whatever you do to get the old one out, do it in reverse to put the new one in.
so there is no big things i need to worry about in doing this?? just put in same way it was taken out?

Sounds easy enough! Thank you

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
See, if this had been a male, there would have been some intense flaming. :goodfinge

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
THe parts store may ask you the amperage of your old one, so if you have it out and can bring it in that may help. Make sure the mounting tabs are the same too.
Removal
1. disconnect the negative(black) battery terminal
2. loosen up the 2 mounting bolts, slide the alt towards the belt to loosen it up. (pull belt off the alt pully.. no need to remove it all the way)
3. Disconnect the 3-4 wires on the back (they use little nuts, but a new one usually has them brand new) Make sure you remember what goes where!!!
4. Remove mounting bolts all the way
5. Slide out alt
Install

do the opposite, except if you can install the wires before loosely bolting it in place it MAY make it easier (depending on the hand room behind alt)

Good luck.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
chambiec1 said:
See, if this had been a male, there would have been some intense flaming. :goodfinge

only if it was you. :goodfinge

·
Registered
777 Posts
Don't tighten the nuts on the back of the alternator (that the wires go on) as tight as you can, or, you'll probably break them off or something bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts