Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alot of people have said my issues could just be a fuel pump...this is what the mechanic did....

*word for word from my invoice*

replace rear fuel-pump assy-repair wiring harness and ground to fuel relays

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
What, this is directly related to the oil pump issue? What made them look elsewhere?
.................Once the truck is in your possession, kick em in the nuts!

·
Never ending project
1,084 Posts
If that's the steps he did the repair in sounds like he didn't trouble shoot it first:shrug

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no no no...this was the "original" problem that people i talk to keep going back to saying "it sounds like a fuel pump" so i found my invoice. im hoping to get her today *everyong cross your fingers* still trying to get some money together to do it but if i can find a way then i will go get her.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
So is it running yet ?

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,307 Posts
Your bronco (and my breath) would benefit from "scope"

Most stealerships charge one hour and give you a print out and diagnosis of just WTF is going on with your truck.

Only done it twice, but it was worth it both times

Sixlitre

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
GearHead said:
so its at a shop and they cant figure out whats wrong with it?

Gear they know whats wrong with it. She just doesnt have the means to get it fixed. She has no oil pressure right now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IM GOING ON A BRONCO RESCUE MISSION!!!!! I WILL BE BACK IN A BIT WWITH FULL DETAILS!!!! HOOAH!

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
The wiring at the fuel pump relay is a known issue, corrosion eats the wiring there. It's happened to my '88 Bronco, '88 F-350, '91 F-250 and my neighbor's '89 F-150.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Dustball said:
The wiring at the fuel pump relay is a known issue, corrosion eats the wiring there. It's happened to my '88 Bronco, '88 F-350, '91 F-250 and my neighbor's '89 F-150.
ditto.
whats the whole story. from what isee, the mechanic has done nothing wrong.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a post out called "oil pump" with the whole story if you want to look at it. noone said the mechanic did anything wrong. i was informing those who told me it sounded to be a fuel pump as to what the mech did to the fuel pump.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
What happened with the rescue mission? no update? I'm confused, was it a fuel pump problem? an oil problem?

Yeller

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry it was late and im going to be late for work as it is now. we still dont know what is wrong with it. the jask monkey mechanic had blocked my truck in (after knowing i was coming) so we had to get a tow company and the cops involved. it wasent a pretty night. i will tell you all later but I GOTTA GO!

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Boy, way to pick a mechanic! Whack a$$ fix job, then tried to hijack the truck.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
yea a fuel pump has nothing to do with low oil pressure, i dont know who said it was the fuel pump but their jack asses, its either the bearings or the OIL pump

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
You should get some local boys to talk to this mechanic.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its over and done with men. i am going to take a shower (which i need really badly) and then i am going to head down to see my beautiful non running bronco :) when i get home tonight hopefully all of you will be in chat and i can just tell the freak story all at once. :) and i will hopefully know EXACTLY what is wrong with her. *muah* thanks to everyone for all of their help~!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts