Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only been here for a few days, but so far I like it. You guys just have to forgive my spelling, cause it stinks now and then. By the way, how many of you used to hang out at My Big Broncos .com?

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Welcome to the site....Make yourself at home and please vote for our FOTM and top4x4...Where you at in kentucky???? Fog

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Welcome, we like it here too. MBB is a dish best left alone (I think that's how the saying goes). Most people here were on MBB before. Beyond that, I wouldn't dig too deep, that topic is kinda like the clap, you never know how bad it can burn you until the sheep passes out....no wait....if you shave it, they will come....nnnooo....I don't know, I just wouldn't bring it up too much. But, tell us about your rig, we want to see pics!

MM

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I won't ask anymore. I'm in Ashland, KY by the way, and if you don't know where that is, I'm about 30 minutes West of Huntington, West Virginia. I already put one pic up on the other thread, so I'll just post some more over there.

Needless to say, I bought this bronco in January of this year, once I decided that my other was a lost cause. Since I've had it, I pulled a 302 from a crown vic, and had it masaged to 306. Then I built it in my buddy's garage in Suffolk, VA while I was stationed out there. It has Speed Pro pistons, Hastings rings, Crane Cam (poor choice, but soon to be changed), GT40P heads, Dynomax long tube headers, and a made from scratch exhaust that I built in the rain. I also installed a MAF conversion, with the GT40 computer, while installing the motor as well as a MSD 6 Off-road and a blaster coil. I had a set of 9mm wires on it, but these headers don't work well with the heads, and I melted them quick.

I'm currently running 35x14.5 Thornbirds on 15x12 American Racing Outlaw II wheels with stock gears. I have a 4 in suspension lift, but plan to swap in a 6in system soon. I have a 2 in body lift off my other bronco, but never bothered to install it yet. I think I'll just get a 3 in. I plan on doing a frame off restoration soon, so I'll do the gears and lift all at that point, as well as a beefed up steering system.

Thanks for the welcome by the way!

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Jaxboro said:
Smooth sure knows alot about the clap.
SSSSHHHHHH <SMOOTH peers over his shoulder to see if Astra read that?>

Jerry, we have alot in common. I have the GT-40P heads as well, I was wondering how you got the long tube headers on them, I went with the Ford Racing shorty headers that are suppose to work with the heads. I burned up some wires so I used a fiberglass wrap to protect my new 9mm wires

Pics:

It's not the best wrap job, but I was doing it with the headers installed so it was hard to get too.

Second, I spent a lot of time in Suffolk VA, I grew up in Hampton Roads but I went to Action Town Paintball alot, ran my own field out of Poquoson for my friends but would make road trips to Suffolk for supplies and would play up there sometimes.

Third, my girlfriend, Astra, is from Ashland. She still has a lot of family up there, we'll have to get togther next time she and I go up there.

MM

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a plan man! By the way, we've talked about these heads and headers before. But I won't mention where.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Huh??? I don't remember that, but I've forgot worse.

MM

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Welcome :beer

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Jerry this has been racking my brain for a while. You weren't the one who used two different kinda headers were you? I remember talking to someone who ended up buying two sets, and used one for one side and the other for the other side.

MM

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sent you a PM

1 - 20 of 26 Posts