Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 bronc and a wrecked superduty of my freinds and i was thinking of putting his 03 7.3L powerstroke in my bronc... now i know im gonna have to do some mods to get it to fit but the more i look at it im not to sure it will fit. Dose anyone know if this is possable? And if it is possable what should i do about my suspension cuz that engine is not light im afraid the front will sag really bad. Thanks

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you do a search, you'll see that there have been a million dreamers to date on this very topic.

No one has yet completed it that I know of though, as it is a bigger job and less practical than most realize.

But maybe YOU are the one. :toothless

·
Registered
20 Posts
Probably be easier to swap the Bronco body onto the SD frame and adjust the wheel base accordingly.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
suspension you should do at least f250 leafs on a solid axel to support the motor...

do it...you would be the first...good luck however..it will be hard...best to drop the bronco body on the SD frame

dc

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Yeah, consensus pretty much agrees that shortening the SD frame, and putting the bronco body on it would be 100x easier then playing with the bronco frame.

Search diesel swap and you'll find a lot of info on it, and how much easier the body swap would be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
^^ hat he said....the PSD engine is so dang heavy your practically lift the rear tires off the ground (not that bad im sure but its damned heavy)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I guess since they had 7.3s in 97ish 3/4 and 1 ton f series it must fit fine just need doner parts from a 92-98 body f series with a 7.3, or a welder.
This would be awesome, I hope you do it. I just saw an early 70's f-250 in a mag with one of these transplanted and it was really cool. You certainly need a stiffer suspension though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i know it is possible, someone has put a 6.3? I think that's what it was. The first year Ford's came out with a diesel engine. He put it in a 87 bko. You can go to www.thedieselstop.com And use the search tool there. My bro is part of that forum and he showed it to me. Was pretty sweet that I seen someone actually have it done. He has pics of his install and some video's of it as well. So if you guys ever have some time, go ahead and check it out there. Or check out oilburners.net Either of those you should be able to find him. Hope this helps any!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just saw an early 70's f-250 in a mag with one of these transplanted and it was really cool.
Saw that '72 too, I like the fact its a z-cab too

I've also seen a 5.9 I-6 in a '79 Crew cab 4x4.

So it is doable.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
leveling springs and timbrens

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yah, from what I heard, the guy on oilburners.net or w/e it was, he had to change the front clip so it wouldn't sag the front down that much. I don't know alot about this topic, other than what I've read.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts