Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the wife and I found out yesterday that her car (Lexus ES300) is to small for one child. I put the car seat in and the pass. seat couldn't come all the way back which means she would have to sit in the back. Well I am 6-1 and then that would put me up in the dash. I am trying to talk her into getting something a bigger but she has this kick for the new Toyota Highlander. Well I have been searching the net looking at Expos, Heep Cherokees (I know I know it's a jeep), Tahoe's, FourRunners, etc, etc. Ok ok my point of this rant is. Of all the ones I have looked at they are the freak'n ugliest looking pieces of junk I have seen. The only ones I like are the Expo and the Cherokees. I can't believe how the auto industries are building cars these days. Every manufacture's vehicles are just about alike. No one has one that actually stands out as very different they all seem to have the same look.

This sucks................Sorry for the rant!

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
get a 4 runner, they are pretty quick, really nice, super reliable, good 4wd, and really good looking. just my opinion

wes

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
IMHO I think Hyundai has the most original designs. I know it's a Hyundai, you couldn't pay me to drive one, but the Santa Fe looks really sharpe, so does that sport coupe they have. Very aggressive lines, not plain jane like everyone else. I guess when your in the back of the pack you need to do something to stand out.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Miketnf150 said:
:lolup :histerica :lolup :histerica :lolup :histerica :lolup :histerica

Dude she doesn't like mine because it's got 2 doors and after the baby gets here I am lifting it. Plus they don't make them new and she doesn't want anything with high miles.
Yeah I know...... I gots three regrats also... Just had to say that.
I just got a new 2003 Expedition.. Its great for the kids! Even has one of them DVD / TV's in the back :thumbup Got a good deal - 2003 leftover......

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
SMOOTH said:
IMHO I think Hyundai has the most original designs. I know it's a Hyundai, you couldn't pay me to drive one, but the Santa Fe looks really sharpe, so does that sport coupe they have. Very aggressive lines, not plain jane like everyone else. I guess when your in the back of the pack you need to do something to stand out.
Not to mention one of the best warranties in the business.

Hey 94 do you have three rugrats or regrets?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm surprised the ES300 won't fit the carseat, considering it's Camry :shrug, but anyway's if it's a car she's interested in The Maxima (what we have) and Altima (the in-laws) both have tons of rear seat space and plenty of room for 2 kids. Now we have 1 (2yr) and twins on the way so she is getting the Honda Pilot. It's got the most interior space (besides Tahoe, Sequoia) but fits in the garage (unlike all the big boys). Seating for 7 and it's lower to the ground so access for car seats and such is a breeze. It wasn't my first choice (I wanted Tahoe), but it's grown on me alot, and drives just like a car.

Anyway good luck on the search, I know it's a PITA!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Lets try to keep her in something American...and the Expedition ain't that big. Walk her over to the Excursion and see what she says.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
94... is that yours? It's sharp, I like it. BTW, who's debbie? :hump

My wife and I have been talking about a new truck for a few years - she won't buy a car, they're too small, and God help them if they get into an accident... she wants something she and the kids can walk away from - and we've decided to stick to Ford with an Exploder or Expedition - when I make an excessive amount of money, that is :brownbag

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Thanks ! Debbie is my Wife to be in February :thumbup

Yes its mine... only 3k mikes so far!
I had a 2000 before this one.

My advice.. definatley check out the expedition.. I didn't (and still growing on me) like the new body style, but the interior and the way it rides and handles with the new all wheel independant suspension is awsome. The ride is very impressive. The interior is impressive (its a EB) and great for the kids. I looked at explorer, but to small.... and for the $$ difference Expedition is a better deal. Let me know if you have any other particular questions, glad to help ya out!!

Dave

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Miketnf150 said:
I wouldn't mind staying with Ford but she says the Expo is too big. :mad: :banghead :mad: :banghead :mad:

Oh well it will be her car....:shrug
Have her drive one, my wife said that at first too, it's not that much longer than your Bronco.

There's always the Exploder or the Escape, or (cough) minivan (cough)

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I gotta say, a minivan isn't so bad. Wer've rented a 2000 Exploder, and a 2000 Windstar, and liked them both. The explorer we used for a weekend, and while it was great, it was clear that it wouldn't be big enough to haul around three growing kids, so we decided that if we can get an SUV, it'd be an expedition. The Windstar was a nice ride... we used that for a week, when we went to CO last summer. 1700 miles each way, the ride was great, plenty of room, and, apparently, pretty fast... we were coming into idaho at about 11:30pm, the family was asleep in the car, and a carload of kids in a civic pulled up. I couldn't resist, so I floored it... never did see them again, but I did see plenty of sparks from under their car, in my mirrors. I also found out the van can cruise nicely at 105mph. BUT, as nice as it was to use the windstar, my wife wants a 4x converted E350, if we chose to go with a van

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Cool, well good luck. I used to own a minivan or two (previous life) yes, no problems. Just rather have a truck now. And like you say... I need a fullsize, the Exploders and blazers and the such are to small for me. Let me know if you have any questions about the Expedition.:thumbup

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
vw toureg ? Those things are pretty impressive from what I have seen.

I started looking at VW closer ever since I was in the vw beetle, with the turbo diesel engine.

That thing was so stable at 100 mph is was crazy. My uncle (it's his wifes) said hes been at 150 and it's still stable. Great mpg too.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
Yeah my wife is talking about replacing her Expedition and the conversion van got brought up, too bad it adds $5g to the price of tha van, but Quigley does a nice job.

105 huh? I wouldn't have the balls to do that with the kids in the back. Although I had the digital dash on the Grand Marquis shwoing 115 on the NJ tpk.(I was alone)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts