Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody here has used TSL thornbirds on there bronc? I am looking into a new set of rubber and am curious about what to expect with them? I do most of my driving on asphalt but I spend my weekends in the muck. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been searching for info on the trxus mt and have read in the forums that the thornbird is not great offroad do a search on google and see what you find. there was some good info for the trxus on pirate bb.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Thornbirds suck everywhere -- on the street (obnoxiously loud) in the rain (not enough siping) in the mud, in the snow, on the rocks.... suck.

The rumor (likely true) is that it was a show truck tire that got turned into regular production. I guess they sell enough of them to 14" lifted Z71s to turn a profit. ;)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I used to have a 88 Toyota with 32" BFG A/T's and I used to wheel with a guy who had 33" Thornturds and I could go through anything he went through. Might I add that BFG A/T's suck major ass in the mud--Hope this helps.

Brian

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
They are called Turd Birds for a reason. Just say NO! They cost an arm and a leg, and just think about how often you will get stuck. i watched a TJ get stuck in a McDonalds parking lot because there was four inches of fresh snow. :twak

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put a set of pirelli scorpian at 31x10.50x15 on my stock rig.they are quiet on the road great climing (no wheel spin) and awesome in the snow we recently had. cant tell ya about wear yet

·
Registered
643 Posts
dont waste the time and money

·
my precioussssssss
877 Posts
I had a set once... There possibly the loudest tire on the market. Gave me a headache every time I drove to work.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
dirtyobssesions said:
Just wondering if anybody here has used TSL thornbirds on there bronc? I am looking into a new set of rubber and am curious about what to expect with them? I do most of my driving on asphalt but I spend my weekends in the muck. Any advice is appreciated.
A set of A/T's will do just as well off-road and way better on the pavement. I've never owned em, just watched the pain of them who did.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a set, dont waste your money. They dont go in the mud, you cant drive in the rain, and they absolutely suck in the snow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I guess I shouldnt get them then. Can anyone make a suggestion on what would be a good tire. I dont do rock climbing, just trails every now and again. Mostly on the highway, but I do want something aggressive enough to hit the dirt.(This is my first real 4x4).

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
B/f allterrians or MUD terrians

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine other than road noise, and I've taken them through all kinds of muk . But they are extremely heavy and combersome*. That makes them hard on brakes and axles and a pain in the a$$ to remove. Take a look at my banner... I thought I was gonna shit myself trying to mount that thing on my spare carrier.

They do turn heads though. Just don't plan on hearing your radio if you end up buying them.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
These tires are what I am running right now. They were inexpensive. They are very capable. The road noise is very tolerable, and they ride great on the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey thanks for the advice. I think I have decided on the trxus sts. Looks like they would be a good tire for my needs, doesn't hurt that they are cheaper than the thornbirds. i will post some pics of my bronco soon

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
dirtyobssesions said:
Hey thanks for the advice. I think I have decided on the trxus sts. Looks like they would be a good tire for my needs, doesn't hurt that they are cheaper than the thornbirds. i will post some pics of my bronco soon

Just to let you know if you do alot of mudding these tires will not do good they are a street/sand tire. But they will do ok in the mud but not all good at the b/f's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.