Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those guys that work for a dealer will reconize one of these.....they beat it into your head during school to use the symptom charts to diag a problem...well I like this one much better:histerica

oh and just for the hell of it a picture of my new shop Im working at now. thats just one half of it, the other half is just as big to the left of the picture. and yeah thats a 5ton over head hoist on the celling

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
nice.
have fun working on the heavy duty trucks. the larger it is. the more PITA it is!! big trucks can sometimes suck! i persoannly am getting sick of doing clutches on these big 9 and 10 speeds... freaking heavy junk! worst part is getting the flywheel and clutch in place since it weighs like 250lbs!

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I didnt want to work on the heavy stuff really but it was the best thing i had going and its turning out to be prett decent. the pay is awsome and its hourly plus commision so I have a guaranteed pay. I was getting so far behind on bills since september it wasent funny, I needed something steady and this was it.

thing is I was hired to work on the 6.0 psd mainly. I have all my ford certs and thats where most of my expernce is at(ford). so that means anything from a F350-F750s and econolines. ever see a 6.0 in a econoline ambulance? yeah thas hell. haha the are also going to pay to get the rest of my ASE tests so I can get fords triple master cert.

Ive only been there for about a month so we will see how it goes.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
That's been around a long time. I had a copy of it posted by my desk when I was teaching firefighting in the Navy about 8 years ago(still funny as hell though). Good luck with this job, sounds like a good one.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Dustin said:
well I didnt want to work on the heavy stuff really but it was the best thing i had going and its turning out to be prett decent. the pay is awsome and its hourly plus commision so I have a guaranteed pay. I was getting so far behind on bills since september it wasent funny, I needed something steady and this was it.

thing is I was hired to work on the 6.0 psd mainly. I have all my ford certs and thats where most of my expernce is at(ford). so that means anything from a F350-F750s and econolines. ever see a 6.0 in a econoline ambulance? yeah thas hell. haha the are also going to pay to get the rest of my ASE tests so I can get fords triple master cert.

Ive only been there for about a month so we will see how it goes.
cool, i dont work on many 6.0's are they are still to new for us being a independant shop. we deal with contruction, landscapers, movers, and concrete guys alot. the 8.3L and l10 cummins, the 3116, the 3126 cats, and the t444e/466's are the engines i mainly see, getting REALLY damm good at the t444es. things i hate most are the ford/sterlign trucks with the engine halfway in the cab...... have rebuilt 2 of those with the cat motors and the worst part is climbing up into the engine bay without the hood or the stupid long fenders stabbing you as there is nowwhere to stand or work hardly. that and the cabover semi moving trucks suck. beware, the OLD ih's when you start them with the cab up, th ecab automatically raises till its 90* from rest till it plants your ass straight into the windshield. :histerica

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
i think ive saw that poster in my sgtmaj's office. thats a nice lookin shop. i hope that hoist is faster than the one i got in my squadron's hanger. ours seems like its not even moving its goin so slow. but i guess that is a good thing considering we're moving harriers. good luck with the new job, lloks like fun.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i love that hoist, I used it to do an engine in a F550 very nice to be able to come in from the top and pull it straight up and out. and yeah its way fast too. all the shit in the shop is still new, its only been there for about 1.5years. hell they have a zambonie to clean the floors

·
Registered
74 Posts
The reason they beat the flow charts into you in school is the factory just wants nice little parts replacers that can follow directions so good not anyone that can think and actually fix something on there own.

If anyone ever gets ahold of chrysler diagnostics, its so fun when the very smart engineers forget to include the tests for half of an electrical circuit.:twak

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i have a hard time trusting the manuals, there is always a typo or F'ed up way to do something

·
Banned
22,761 Posts
I never found a Ford diagnostic procedure that was messed up, but I found plenty of repairs & recalls that were. If you look up how to replace the rear brake pads on an '05 Mustang, it says to "remove & discard the caliper-to-bracket bolts." Then when you go to parts & ask for new ones with the pads, the only way to get them is with a NEW CALIPER. But the new caliper doesn't include pads, so when you remove the bolts to install the pads, you have to discard them again. :shrug I reported it thru SPECS, and after ~2 months, they told me it'll be changed in a couple of months so that you can reuse the originals.

If you ever have to do the front hub/rotor recall on an Escape, don't touch the L side until you make sure you can get the recall kit for that side. Last one I did, Ford had DISCONTINUED the kit for the L side. Now, this recall is being done because the hubs weren't manufactured right, and they can crack, allowing the front wheel to rip the CV apart & head off on its own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts