Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, part of the motivation for getting the bronco I did was because it had that nice classic Wimbledon white to work with. I knew I wanted it 2 tone, and we knew it was going to need a repaint because it was a cheap ass job (didn't do any of the jams and looks like they put it on with a roller it's so thick). My original vision was to really chick it out... Purple and Wimbledon white with the off white interior like paying homage to the classic styling of the first gens (love those)... Then as we started fixing things, and having choices for different mods I decided I wanted to stay as close to original as I could which meant probably keeping the tan interior. Since I wasn't quite convinced the tan interior would look good with the purple I started playing with some other colors and came up with 3 that I really like... The purple from my original vision of how I wanted it to be, something close to the original medium fawn metallic, and a deep green (I've always wanted a green car, i just think they look classy and u don't see a lot of em). Also I included pictures of the interior so y'all could kinda see it all together and give me ur thoughts on the color choices... Soooo what do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm usually not a green fan, but with that interior and your green opinion, I'd go green. Jaguars emerald fire with the right base/pearl/metalflake is my "goto green" for paint colors.

Personally, purple just wouldn't look right with that interior and the tan is too close to it. I prefer some contrast (as I sit here with my red on red hypocrisy) between interior and exterior.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
7,498 Posts
I think the green version looks sharp. I also like where you've split the colors. On my 90 the sail panel & top of the bed are white like the sides. On yours where the green is carried back on top of the bed & on the sail panel it emphasizes the topless Bronco lines. Looks good. :thumbup

·
Addicted to Junk
10,162 Posts
Tan interior begs for a deep blue paint. Anything with blue in it will look good with tan: green, teal, blue, purple, etc.

I like the green and purple. In fact, there is a full purple bull nose bronco in a Bronco Driver mag I've been reading lately. It's like 12 years old lol, but I'll try to snap a pic tonight.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,201 Posts
Just a thought, Simple tan stripe on the purple and white combo may bring it all together, if you really wanted the purple.
Or some old school hand drawn pin stripes. Kind you would find on 32 Ford Hot Rod or old Mercury.

The flip of that would also maybe work, as in add back in some small purple accents so it has a little of what you originally wanted.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought, Simple tan stripe on the purple and white combo may bring it all together, if you really wanted the purple.
Or some old school hand drawn pin stripes. Kind you would find on 32 Ford Hot Rod or old Mercury.

The flip of that would also maybe work, as in add back in some small purple accents so it has a little of what you originally wanted.
I actually have a couple pinstripe designs already picked out to blend the purple into the white.. you'll just have to use your imagination on the colors 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tan interior begs for a deep blue paint. Anything with blue in it will look good with tan: green, teal, blue, purple, etc.

I like the green and purple. In fact, there is a full purple bull nose bronco in a Bronco Driver mag I've been reading lately. It's like 12 years old lol, but I'll try to snap a pic tonight.
That would be fabulous if you'd post a pic of the purple truck. I'd love to see that... Also i thought about blue. Did a couple in blue just to see, but there's a 79 around here that's blue n white and u know, a gals just gotta be original 🙂

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
If the purple is what you want, go for it! :twotu: Reminds me of the Dodge Plum Crazy color of 1970 and that they've brought back on the Challenger. I like those bold colors on their muscle cars.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,162 Posts

There are a couple 92-96 pickups driving in my area that are purple and white. They are factory Ford two-tone purple with white in the middle. They look pretty sharp!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm partial to that Green/White paintjob, but there's just something about that that Purple/White that just screams awesome.

I personally think burnt orange is the ugliest color on the planet, but then again, I prefer maroon and white. :thumbup

·
Addicted to Junk
10,162 Posts
I personally think burnt orange is the ugliest color on the planet, but then again, I prefer maroon and white. :thumbup
I think that's why theres a number of purple and white fords running around NE Kansas... home to the Kansas State Wildcats, and it's an agriculture school so all the farmers like them over KU.

I literally see a purple and white 92-96 Ford truck at least once every 6 months.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I'm a big fan of the color orange, but not so much the specific one you picked. I looked at a lot of oranges before picking mine, which happened to be a 70's Ford code. Some of them look too red, others too yellow, and some too brown. Metallic in an orange is a bit over the top IMO.

The purple and green are strong contenders. Two-tone rocks no matter what you do.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you're looking for an original Ford dark green, my dad's truck (pic in avatar) is Dark Spruce Green (1986 paint code 4J), I would've painted my truck the same color if I didn't have a red interior

·
Addicted to Junk
10,162 Posts
... is Dark Spruce Green (1986 paint code 4J), I would've painted my truck the same color if I didn't have a red interior
But then you'd have an excuse to enter every Christmas parade!

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,537 Posts
I'm of the opinion:
Ferrari = Red

Ford = Guardsman Blue

/Thread

I'm a huge '60s Carroll Shelby Racing fan.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

There are a couple 92-96 pickups driving in my area that are purple and white. They are factory Ford two-tone purple with white in the middle. They look pretty sharp!
Nice. Maybe u could sneak a pic for me @BigBlue94 🙂 the purple Haze I picked is a shade or 2 less grape looking and more sparkly than the original Ford purple. There's a color u don't see often.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts