Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me explain a little before I go askin questions....
I just finished up replacing a head gasket on my 91's 302. Truck ran fine,for the most part prior to me working on it. I also swapped out the upper intake cause mine had cracked. Like I said I just finished up reinstalling everything and when to start it.
Well, dummy me forgot that I had the distributor cap off while I was cranking it over. I had figured that it just hadn't built up enough fuel pressure....therefore, it wasn't starting yet. So I put the cap back on, and tried to turn it over again. Well, this time all I heard was a clicking sound. So I figured that the battery had gotten low since it's been sitting for a few months....even though it is a Optima yellow top. So I got out the battery charger and threw a little more juice to it.
Back to trying to crank it over....Now all that happens when I put the key in the ignition is 1. when the key is inserted but still in the off position, my dome light is nice and bright. 2.Turn the key to start and the dome light goes very dim. 3. Leaving the key in the run positon causes the dome light to stay dim and occasionally pulse.
There is no clicking sound anymore, no nothing. Sometimes the tach will jump around and the battery gauge stays all the way over to the left...never moves.
The battery is reading almost 13volts by my fluke multimeter so I know it's not the battery. Any clues or thoughts of other possible culpurts that I should be looking for? This is a first for me...never seen this happen before. Like I said , it did turn over a few times like everything was normal, then it all stopped. Any thoughts anyone?:banghead

·
Registered
134 Posts
check all of your grounds for good connections . I had a bad connection on a ground and it did all most the same exact thing

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got figured out now.....had the spark plug wires forward one to many....The timing was out cause of that. Moved them around and presto.....good to go now....hopefully anyway...it is a Ford,LoL.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stangmata50l said:
Awesome! Good to hear from you again. Thought you fell off the face of the earth.
:thumbup LoL, nothing kewl like that:drinkbud .....I've been lurking around but haven't really had anything to post. Just now finally recovering from my damages from the trip to Paragon..:banghead Also got my Bassani equal length headers sounding right also. Had to fix a leak at the collector. The Y-pipe had to be "tweaked" a little to match the Bassani pipe's collector.

.....But other than that,....been the same ole' shit.....,LoL:beer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts