Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a '92 351 TBI will bolt right up in place of an '85 TBI? And just swap over my TPS and IAC?

Why? My linkage is worn out, and has been for a long long time. It has caused me lots of grief with idle issues in the past, and now I can't dial in the TV cable 100% because of this.

What I do know:
- the bore is a tad larger on the '92
- they physically look the same, except the '92 vacuum port is on top right, '85 is on left side
- part # wise they are different
- they use the same # of TPS
- they use a different # of IAC

My buddy might be able to swap my TBI for one on a '92 351 core engine that they are installing right now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Swap it and see! I don't see any reason they won't work. Does the new throttle body have the pin for the TV cable to hook to? I dunno if the E4OD tranny in the 351 makes any difference in throttle body or not.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
:scratchhe I've never seen a Ford truck with TBI.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
Tuberculosis?!? :shocked

They should swap just fine. As you've found, the only significant differences were in the vacuum connection position and sometimes throttle bore size, but no more than a few millimeters. I think I've got a couple of old spares sitting around here somewhere, and IIRC, they're slightly different in the same respects.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tuberculosis?!? :shocked
:histerica

They should swap just fine. As you've found, the only significant differences were in the vacuum connection position and sometimes throttle bore size, but no more than a few millimeters. I think I've got a couple of old spares sitting around here somewhere, and IIRC, they're slightly different in the same respects.
Ok, thanks Sig. I'll do a close comparison next week and post back the findings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.