Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was merging onto the highway and floored it and the gas pedal stayed there. Little scary. Kicked up the gas pedal manually and it dropped to around 12-1500 RPM. I limped it home like that replaced the throttle cable. That seems to have helped but it still won't close 100%. The spring to the left and lower on the throttle body seems stretched or something. It's still in one piece but kinda bulges out in the middle and feels funny. Is buying a new throttle body the only option?

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
I don't see any reason why you can't find a replacement spring, try "bronco grave yard" or take off the spring and go to a Lowe's or HomeDepot and match it up, shouldn't be that hard and not expensive......The internet might have parts for sale so search around on EBay etc....worst case scenario is go to the JY and find an F150 same year and pull it off, Bronco's are harder to find in the JY these days.......someone on FSB may have an old TB for sale, that's how I got mine......

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see any reason why you can't find a replacement spring, try "bronco grave yard" or take off the spring and go to a Lowe's or HomeDepot and match it up, shouldn't be that hard and not expensive......The internet might have parts for sale so search around on EBay etc....worst case scenario is go to the JY and find an F150 same year and pull it off, Bronco's are harder to find in the JY these days.......someone on FSB may have an old TB for sale, that's how I got mine......

I have yet to find anything that just has the spring listed, only the whole assembly.

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
OK but what about all the other options I offered, try those and fill in more details under your registered user name regarding your BKO, year, engine size etc., etc., etc. I paid $30.00 for a pristine 86 throttle body from an FSB member in VA.......worth every penny imo.....

Disconnect the throttle cable and work the TB blade inside and see if it closes all the way, then check the throttle cable for binding were it connects to the throttle body on top. Mine has a spring and a plastic tube inside the spring at the end of the throttle cable where it attaches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK but what about all the other options I offered, try those and fill in more details under your registered user name regarding your BKO, year, engine size etc., etc., etc. I paid $30.00 for a pristine 86 throttle body from an FSB member in VA.......worth every penny imo.....

Disconnect the throttle cable and work the TB blade inside and see if it closes all the way, then check the throttle cable for binding were it connects to the throttle body on top. Mine has a spring and a plastic tube inside the spring at the end of the throttle cable where it attaches.

I'll get on that! The TB blade doesn't close all the way. Both the new and old throttle cables have the same issue.

E: Also, Junkyards around here tend to not let you pull yourself. It's more of a you ask the guy behind the counter and they go out and pull it for you. They won't pull something that isn't in theirsystem.

·
Premium Member
9,999 Posts
OK I just noticed you're from NJ, I grew up in Upper Montclair, NJ, went to Montclair High and Saint Louis University in St. Louis MO then followed my grandfather and father and served in the regular Army as a 1st LT......still have many friends and family but haven't been back since 95, been living out here for going on 40 years now and love the weather......another story for another time .....lol lol....

It couldn't hurt to have a spare TB for parts so if you can find one at the JY or EBAY but it and you have what you need

Question: have you at any point turned the "throttle body IDLE STOP SCREW" if not you have to find out why the TB blade isn't closing if the throttle cable is disconnected.

What condition is the TPS in on the bottom of the throttle body, any problems with the mounting screws?

Either there's binding in the TB shaft, TB cable or the way it's connected......there's only so many issues it can be so dig a little deeper......check out my video on www.supermotors.net/17406 and look for "basic throttle body and see if that gives you some insight....I still have my 86 original but I don't know if the parts are the same for the 94 vs an 86 TB?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts