Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my throttle bodyspring broke , called ford and they dont have a part number or anything for it. called napa and they only have universal springs. whats up with that. anyone else run into this issue. maybe this means i need to upgrade to a 56mm throttle body??

sorry just needing to vent. :banghead

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i figured, didnt want to go there but oh well.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
kemicalburns said:
thats what i figured, didnt want to go there but oh well.
:twak don't :twak want :twak to :twak go :twak to :twak the :twak JUNKYARD??!! :twak:twak:twak
Don't EVER say that AGAIN!! :twak:twak

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasnt saying it like that. just figured ford or the parts store would have a NEW part. plus the yards around here make you ask for stuff from behind a counter then if they do have it maybe you can go out there and take a look at it before its picked off. Personally i would rather walk around to see what they have, would spend more money there then. ya know

·
Registered
118 Posts
:twak The junkyards around here are like that also. They don't let you roam the yard and then charger you for the cost of a new part. :twak

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
I got a spare spring in the garage, thier not supposed to be replaceable but you can with boneyard parts. Ford wants you to buy a new throttle body everytime it gets dirty instead of useing cleaner. They say cleaning it will remove the teflon coating thats supposed to keep it from getting dirty in the first place????????? I put a 56mm TB on last year that I picked up on ebay cheap. t was still the biggest waste of cash I've got on my truck. No real difference in performance. But it was cheaper than a new TB...Fog

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
foghorn, do you want to sell that 56mm throttle body. Does anyone know if that throttlebody will fit a 5.8 as well?? i would think so. if not I will take the spring for sure.

let me know
late

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Ok, looked it up in my books.

Electronic fuel injection secondary throttle return spring, E5TZ-9A538-A

This may or may not be the correct one as my books are for the 1988 model year and a lot of times the part numbers have been updated. Best way to tell is to take that part number and go to a local Ford parts desk and give it to them. They'll enter it in their computers and get the correct part number.

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
right on dusball, mucho gracias. I will call them today with that part number

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Nah I don't want to sell the TB, I needed a new TB when I bought it and it was cheaper than Ford, but It just did'nt do what was advertized. If you need the spring pm me an address and it's yours. Fog :beer

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What other mods do you have on your motor? exhaust,headers,......

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
kemicalburns said:
What other mods do you have on your motor? exhaust,headers,......

Catback, k/n drop in and it's supposed to be the original motor w/280k on it but I think it's been gone through.....Fog

What happened to my sig-line?? It disappeared about halfway through this thread????

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i bet if you put some headers on there it would compliment that throttlebody a bit more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts