Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes...I know...I should'nt be driving after asking such a stupid quesion. I have ordered a chilton's manual on Ebay & it should be here in a week.

But anyways...does anybody have a picture of the throttle body I need to take off to clean..??? I plan on cleaning it/ the IAC/ & replacing the TPS. It has 82k miles on it & I thought it would be a good idea to do this.. Oh yeah, where are the cooling lines to the T/B that everybody is talking about disconnecting??

It is a 94 5.8 V/8.

Thanks in Advance

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
The tb is what these two large black rubber hoses are attached to

You'll see the coolant lines, they're small, maybe 5/8" OD

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Unless there's a problem with the IAC or the TPS, I'd leave them be. IME, replacement parts are hardly ever of the same quality as the OEM stuff. If you ever had a problem with the IAC or TPS that required replacement, they're both easily removed. It's not like you'd be saving yourself any work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I was cleaning the IAC/TB & replacing the TPS...is there is some hesitation in acceleration from start. So y'all dont think I need to replace the TPS???

Oh yeah... the T/B is attached by only 4 bolts, right?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
That's correct. Put a bit of anti-seize on each of them before you put it back together. It'll keep the corrosion down.

The TPS is easy to test. Put a meter across it and work the throttle back and forth. If there's a point somewhere in the middle with infinite resistance (or just a spike of abnormally high resistance), you found the problem. It should have a pretty linear resistance change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts