Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to put a throttle stop in a Bronco with a 400M? My gas pedal only goes about halfway to the floor, and the engine barely revs past 2700. I was trying to (did) crawl up a 3-4 foot ledge, and I had the pedal as far as it would go, and no mud was flying, and I wasn't going much of anywhere. I think my torque converter is slipping, but the engine wasn't revving much (maybe 1800). Is this just a 2-barrel thing, or could there be a limiter/governer/throttle stop?

Also, will a holley 750 from a chebby 350 fit on the 400m? (I have a bone-stock engine, including manifold)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I am not sure what you want a throttle stop for? It sounds to me like you need to adjust that rod going to your carb. Just to make sure that when you give it WOT, it actually sees WOT. You should probably also check your base timing and make sure your distributor advance is working.

As for the 750 carb, you will need a 4V intake manifold and all the linkages to make it work. This is not a job for a novice, so get help if you need it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigWheelz said:
I am not sure what you want a throttle stop for? It sounds to me like you need to adjust that rod going to your carb. Just to make sure that when you give it WOT, it actually sees WOT. You should probably also check your base timing and make sure your distributor advance is working.

As for the 750 carb, you will need a 4V intake manifold and all the linkages to make it work. This is not a job for a novice, so get help if you need it.

Thanks for the advice. I was asking if there was a throttle stop, or if one could be in there, because I wanted to get WOT, and hopefully higher RPMs for when I hit the mud.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts