Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought I had a low tire because there was a light thwap sound coming from around the bronco and I was the only one on the road. As I got into my neighborhood there is a sharp turn and after that turn the thumping became very loud and started thumping against my left foot alongside the brake pedal. I stayed at around 15 mph, put it in neutral and revved the engine..the thumping did not change so it is not engine related. I don't think it is trans related and seems to be front left side. I was in 2H obviously with the hubs unlocked so I don't think it is front drive train. The thumping speeds up and slows down in relation to speed and the feeling under my left foot is same exact tempo as the audible thump. When I press the brakes hard enough the thumping seems to go away while the truck slows to a halt. Any suggestions other than use search?
Thanks guys.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
A problem like this was just discussed, but I honestly can't remember where, so yeah...if ya want an answer before tommorow (when somebody other than mu drunk ass is on) then you'll have to search...:shrug
Sorry...good luck!:beer

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't help much:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8109&highlight=Under+AND+foot

Good things for me to look for, except the radius arm bushing was replaced with poly recently:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8084&highlight=Under+AND+foot

Didn't directly help, but mention of lug nuts is a good idea because I just had the brakes done:
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4442&highlight=Under+AND+foot

For anyone wondering why I did this..it's to show that if lazy people like me would search; they would find helpful solution to their questions. Now if these do not lead to a solution... I would like to say that there is no vibration play in the steering so it is something not engine and not directly steering to steering column related. Any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had 2 almost gone, 2 finger tight, 1 tight lug nut on the drivers side front, and 3 loose lug nuts on the driver side rear. My lock lugs were also loose and I am 100% sure that it was the shop that did my brakes because they are the only ones who had the key for the lock lugs. Anyhow problem fixed and if anyone in San Diego wants to know the name of a shop NOT to go to just PM me.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Cmayer31 said:
Just to post an update on this. 1. I feel worse this morning than I did last night. 2. I had 2 almost gone, 2 finger tight, 1 tight lugnut on the dirverside front, and 3 loose lugnuts on the driverside rear. My lock lugs were also loose and I am 100% sure that it was the shop that did my brakes because they are the only ones who had the key for the lock lugs. Anyhow problem fixed and if anyone in San Diego wants to know the name of a shop NOT to go to just PM me.

Dude, that blows!!!:banghead Good think it wasn't more serious though....:shrug Post a thread about 'em in the produce/vendor section...let people in your area boycot 'em with ya!!:thumbup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah , please let us know where not to go.... I rarely take my truck to a shop just because I don't trust anyone; (I have had experiences similar to this.) And, like most in these forums I do all my own work. Sometimes though, things get a little out of my league. I would like to know where not to go. Shops need to be heald accountable for bad work. The only way to ensure they don't do it again is get the word out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts