Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
like a 10 min job. take the cotter pin out. get the right size socket. i think its 5/8 and take the catle nut off. replace the boot and put it back together they way u took it apart. mite want to make shure its not wasted tho

·
Registered
162 Posts
If the boots shot the tie rod probaly isn't far off. Just replace it and be done with it. Also the trick to getting them out is to beat on the knuckle beside the threads and not on the rod it self. It should rattle right out.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
like a 10 min job. take the cotter pin out. get the right size socket. i think its 5/8 and take the catle nut off. replace the boot and put it back together they way u took it apart. mite want to make shure its not wasted tho
Don't forget to pull the rod end out of the nuckle first. Thats the hard part...

·
Registered
382 Posts
I can't really say much in the way of the r+r that hasn't already been said, or you can get from a Haynes/Chiltons manuel (torque, etc...), but here's my 2 cents.

When I rebuilt my front end (and put the lift in) my tie rods were good-but I tore the hell out of the boots. I thought I was screwed, but do you beleive that Energy Suspension actually makes a polyurethane tie rod end dust boot? Well, they do and I think that they will last much longer than their rubber counterparts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts