Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my dad came acrossed one and they r wanting $150 for it and they will remove it from the truck i've seen it and its perfect but i didn't know if other were going for that price or not

·
Registered
89 Bronco XLT 302 (stock)
1,115 Posts
That's a decent price. I've seen them as high as $275 without the wheel (on EBay a while back, when demand was high) and as low as $100 w/wheel, trim and cruise servo (on EBay recently, since demand is low. People saw how much they were fetching and flooded EBay with them. Now supply is higher than demand.)

·
Registered
228 Posts
cowboyup said:
well my dad came acrossed one and they r wanting $150 for it and they will remove it from the truck i've seen it and its perfect but i didn't know if other were going for that price or not
:doh: Thought you had one and were lookin' to sell. That's a descent price.
When I needed one, as the shift collar/sleeve on mine took a chit, I couldn't
find one in any of the bone yards in my area. Ain't that the way it goes. :toothless Ended up rebuildin' mine with a new shift sleeve and bearing
kit and that cost me roughly $80 for the parts. Plus I was down a few days
waiting for the parts to show up.

Yeah, I'd say $150 isn't too bad for a complete unit in perfect shape.

·
Registered
986 Posts
You did not say if this was for an auto or manual transmission. I'll bet auto. Tilts for manuals were only in 79s (we are talking 78/79s) and extremely rare.
You need to check and make sure the tilt mechanism is not "loose". Most of the ones in 4x4s I have seen in salvage yards were loose (probably why they were still there)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.