Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is there going to be another G2G here in AZ? Other than the tire carrier being re-powdercoated right now, the Bronco is finally done....What is your guys's opinions? Here's a few shots of it......

·
Registered
960 Posts
Neat Where are you located? Im down for wheeling when my bronco runs and drives again which should be in a month.
you still pulling the engine?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Great lookin Rig. But ditch the autohubs!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to ditch the auto hubs real soon....just trying to get everything else done on it first......I am in Casa Grande....but I want to get a statewide trail ride going...you know go somewhere where all the jeep are to mess with them like crown king or up in sedona or something

·
Registered
960 Posts
Looks like my Bronco is sold. No more wheeling for me.
What??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????? :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like my Bronco is sold. No more wheeling for me.
What??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????? :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

:smilie_slap :doh0715: I was looking forward to having your beast there when we did this....c'mon now

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have purdy wheels and a purdy lift and a lot of other purdy stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't want to have fun with the thing...c'mon meow

·
Bronco Master
602 Posts
Nice looking rig.

Since you asked for my opinion...lose the front sway bar entirely. You'll probably learn to loathe the lower section of your front bumper in the rocks. It would protect your steering from an animal hit, but will be like an anchor on the trail. One trip to Moab I had some pieces of a bumper in progress sticking down 3" below the frame up front. I ended up borrowing a sawsall to remove them after the first day. I was hitting them on everything.

I'm up for a run as soon as I get my bronco running.

Mitch

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
1st Great Looking Rig!!!! Whats do I think you ask?? Loose the steps!! they will only get ripped off. Trim the bottom 1/3 off the front bumper. Get some manual hubs. Ditch the sway bars. Get a rear bumper that is stronger and not such an anchor for your departuer and with some tow points if you dont have any.

But man thats a sweet and clean looking rig!!! Congrats!!!

·
Bronco Master
602 Posts
Trim the bottom 1/3 off the front bumper.

I've got a new Plasma I need to try out if you want to trim that thing off. It will kill the paint job though.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I'd run that thing just like it is. Forget all the trimming and getting rid of parts. That stuff will prevent you from doing certain things, but with how clean and well put together the truck is I wouldn't be bashing it against the rocks. With how it is you are very capable and it will live up to your screen name. Looks well built for the dunes.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the rear bumper coming to match the front.....Im not doing any rock crawling with it as it will just tear it up.....and I will find out what needs to be changed when Im with the Superlift guys at easter in MOAB......as for the steps...those are going bye bye...I hate them, but the kodiaks aren't here yet so i am using them for the time being

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so who is up for it and when can we do a trail ride?

·
Bronco Master
602 Posts
I found an upper intake plenum today and installed it without cracking a third one. I have a vaccum leak at the throttle body I need to fix (gasket), but the truck is up and running again...we'll see for how long. It got new fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, motor mounts, and valve cover gaskets in January. It's due for emissions next month, but it should pass in Tucson.

I want to put at least 300 miles on it before I do any trail runs. 300 miles may not sound like much, but the truck only saw 1000 miles in the past 2 years. If the AC still works I'll drive it to work for a week. I'd love to hit up Sedona in late August.

Here's a pic of mine. The wheels and tires are different now, the rest is the same.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Late august in Sedona..taking a nice run with all the AZ guys would be great....and as for the plasma cutter, I am more then set in that department...thanks though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.