Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of amazing how I've taken 4WD for granted...

With the little amount of snow we got over the weekend, traffic has slowed down to a crawl. Really. I was idling thru town... even then, I've had to ride the brakes. Plus, I'm still driving on the front driveline, which makes going from a stop real interesting, and slow. I've had the driveline from my other Bronco shortened a couple inches, to fit this one, but the Tcase yoke is a 1330, and my driveline is a 1310. SO, I've taken the 1310 yoke off my other Tcase, and took it to a tranny shop, to have them swap it. They came back out to tell me that while it fit the splines just fine, it's OD was to small for the seal. oy. and I'm not even jewish... oy. Now it looks like I'll be rebuilding my old driveline

All kindsa fun stuff - driveline, flush the heater core, and a front bumper (Kris reminded me how much she wants one, as we were crawling thru town... said she'd be damned if someone smacked her truck, and ruined it:lolup So she'll be getting The Skinny, same as Todd has)

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
so replace the 3 dollar freakin seal.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not much now at all(maybe a inch), but it's gotten fairly slick - for now. She's still not too thrilled about the bumper swap - despite the fact I told her about it right after you and I made the deal. But, once I told her I can build her another one in a weekend, she was fine with that

·
Registered
589 Posts
jopes said:
so replace the 3 dollar freakin seal.
thats what i was thinkin too... i just switched my yolk and seal last weekend... took 5 minutes for both?

is this not an option? or should we keep our mouths shut so the missus dont find out theres an easier way and dave can get the rebuilt stuff?:shrug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts