Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday James/Red91XLT started this thread: We lost our home (my family and I)

At this point, I'm thinking this was his parents home. At last report, I think he said he was splitting a place with a friend. Regardless, I'm sure it's a major impact on James directly and god knows he's had plenty on his plate recently.

James joined our FSB family back in October of 2007. He's been a great member, an outstanding smart-ass and a great help to whoever he can be, whenever he can be. He's served his country and even aspired to join LEO, before he settled for a gig as an auto-tech.
Anyone who's followed his recent progress here (in A&E or Members section) knows the kids been having a rough year anyway with the job scene, the Bronco being wrecked, insurance company and lawyer problems, etc. etc.

All that said... I figured it was time to start a donations thread to give the kid a hand, so I'm going to offer up my own PayPal account to take donations that will go to James, as soon as we can get the money too him. Not like it sees much action anyways. :toothless

In light of some donations problems we've had in the past... I'll post up each donation here, as it comes in. Probably a daily or every other day total... depending on what's going on with my life. Either way... most of you all know me and know I'm not the kind of guy to take this lightly or to try and take advantage of anyone, especially here.

DONATIONS for Red91XLT / James:

EDIT/UPDATE: (3/6/14) Switched to sending further donations directly to James PayPal account now that he's got his feet back under him on this.
[email protected]

The account will start out with $101.26. That's all going for James.
If my poor, broke ass can spare a little cash for our bro, I'm sure you guys and gals can spare a little help for our fellow member in need. :thumbup

James,
I know how this feels... better than almost anyone. No pride, no bullshit, no polite refusals. We're family here and you need to just suck it up and be thankful for the help the same as I did, not that many years ago. :thumbup

To all my fellow FSB'ers,
I want to personally thank each of you for taking the time and sharing a bit of your hard earned cash to help out a fellow member. This isn't the first and likely won't be the last time we need to do this for another member... but it's what families do. Remember, the donation you give today, might be the donation you need tomorrow. Having been on the receiving end of probably the most generous FSB donations effort ever, I know better than anyone how much this can mean for a member in need. Not just the cash assistance... but the support from people you will likely never meet in the real world. Remember, a little bit from a lot of people can make a big difference! Again... thank you all for whatever you can do to help our brother out. :thumbup

Sincerely,
BikerPepe` aka: Shawn "Pepe`" DePew
FSB Staffer for Life

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
WOW.....my heart just sank.

I never go into the news and politic forum so I would have miss this. Fortunately, I seen this was a new thread with the anything else section and clicked it.

I couldn't imagine.......but I can. During my divorce, I lost EVERYTHING. Not the same, but I can truly understand what life is about.

Can't help too much, but did send a donation. Been off work for almost 2 months.

Pepe, thanks for setting this up. My prayers are with James.

Discussion Starter #3
Every little bit helps Scott. My pleasure to do it and thanks :thumbup

Discussion Starter #5
I will go ahead and move his thread out of News & Politics and over into A&E, IF James comes back in and is cool with that.
The posting here is fairly appropriate and I'm hoping the sig line and dropping hints here and there will get the attention this deserves.

Also, to be clear... I'll be posting the ongoing totals and not individual names. If you want specific credit, post it up. If not... I don't want to embarrass or push anyone on this.

Chicks dig my
Just sent mine in :thumbup Glad I could help out for a change. Well wishes James :beer

Retired
I have been following on FB. Once again sorry about yall's loss but thankful everyone is safe. :doh0715:

Discussion Starter #9
Just sent mine in :thumbup Glad I could help out for a change. Well wishes James :beer
Very cool Goose and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, btw. :beer

Thanks again to EVERYONE who's jumped in so far.
As of right now... we've got 7 donations (on top of mine) and we're right at $395.31 USD.

I'll keep taking donations until and likely after we can talk to James and see how it's going and hopefully, we can all help him and his family out. :thumbup

I did done broke it
Just kicked my bit in. Not much but most of you guys are good shits so I'll help when I can

Discussion Starter #12
every little bit is appreciated. :thumbup

The Original FullSize
I know the funds help but are there other things they need (clothing,food etc) that can be donated ... ?

Discussion Starter #14
due to the cost and hassle of shipping, I won't be getting into that... but by all means, feel free to make the offer to Red91XLT/James and see if he's up for it.

He hasn't signed on since he made the thread. He's obviously got lots to deal with right now.

Just FYI to everyone who has donated, I've sent James a PM asking for an address or preferably a PayPal account to transfer everything in too. We'll see how it goes when he gets back on. If anyone has his personal number or info, it might be nice for him to know we've got a little bit built up for him so far. :thumbup

LS Swap Everything!
I've just received a phone call from Scott, I had no idea this was going on.

I have no words to express my gratitude. You are some of the most amazing people a man could know.

By all means, carry on, I will see that the proceeds benefit my family as best they can.

If anyone needs me for any reason, email me at [email protected]. I can give out my number from there.

Pepe, you have a voicemail from me.

Again, thank you so much!

Discussion Starter #16
Was a real pleasure speaking with you James. I'm sorry to say... while you were choked up, I was grinning the whole time. And as I said... don't thank me, I'm just organizing the generosity of these wonderful people. God knows I've got plenty too "Pay Forward" and I'm just glad to know we can help and make some small difference in a totally f-ed up situation. :thumbup

Scott, thanks for getting the call out man! James needed to see this for more than a few reasons. Appreciate you jumping in and getting hold of him.

We'll get all the PayPal info stuff fingered out tonight and get these donations off to the family that needs it. I'll leave any situational updates to James, as his time allows. Just want everyone to know what's going on with their money and their efforts to help out.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM so much MORE than just a forum for Bronco enthusiasts. We ARE a FAMILY! Thanks again to everyone who's pitched in to help out our brother and his family to get through these tough times. :rockon

Enjoy my
Helping how I can, be sure to let us know if there is anything else we can do!

Super Moderator
I've just received a phone call from Scott, I had no idea this was going on.

I have no words to express my gratitude. You are some of the most amazing people a man could know.

By all means, carry on, I will see that the proceeds benefit my family as best they can.

If anyone needs me for any reason, email me at [email protected]. I can give out my number from there.

Pepe, you have a voicemail from me.

Again, thank you so much!

You're quite welcome man. Don't be afraid to ask for something you might need.

Was a real pleasure speaking with you James. I'm sorry to say... while you were choked up, I was grinning the whole time. And as I said... don't thank me, I'm just organizing the generosity of these wonderful people. God knows I've got plenty too "Pay Forward" and I'm just glad to know we can help and make some small difference in a totally f-ed up situation. :thumbup

Scott, thanks for getting the call out man! James needed to see this for more than a few reasons. Appreciate you jumping in and getting hold of him.

We'll get all the PayPal info stuff fingered out tonight and get these donations off to the family that needs it. I'll leave any situational updates to James, as his time allows. Just want everyone to know what's going on with their money and their efforts to help out.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES FULLSIZEBRONCO.COM so much MORE than just a forum for Bronco enthusiasts. We ARE a FAMILY! Thanks again to everyone who's pitched in to help out our brother and his family to get through these tough times. :rockon
Thanks for taking the lead Pepe'

Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well... so far we've managed to get 10 donations together.
It ain't a whole lot... but it's something. :thumbup

I'm going to try and get this off to James through his PP tonight. :thumbup

EDIT:
PayPal said:
James will receive: $549.77 USD

Retired
Been there to man! A collection was took up (Audra started it if my memory is correct) for my nephew. He was given less than a 10% chance to live at the age of 2 when he was diagnosed with cancer. (turning 10 in March and has been a miracle)

Point is lots of good people here and do great things and that is the whole reason I can't walk away from this site. It would be a missing piece of my life and I have great gratitude for it. Glad you get to experience how awesome this place is and bless your family for the future they have in front of them.:rockon

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.