Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
Discussion Starter #61
bumpity bump? :toothless

LS Swap Everything!
Sorry for being away, guys. We had a guy at the dealership quit, and my hours have been insane. I barely have time to accomplish anything after work.

So, from the top. My parents have been 'put up' at a nice hotel for a while, and the insurance company & fire dept have concluded their investigation and deemed the fire 'undetermined'. Needless to say, they're ready to settle and cut them a check.

I still have to move my personal belongings (bronco canoe, trailer, lawn mower etc) off the property before a clean up crew can come and start demolition of the 'home'.

Things have been quiet. Mom & dad are doing well, things with me are okay. Still some semantics that have to be covered, but it's moving along.

Just want to keep you guys posted!

Discussion Starter #63
glad to hear things are moving along James. It's a tough go, no doubt but getting through the front end is the big deal, managing the fallout is a drag but more a heart breaker than a real problem.
Wish them good luck from us and of course, the same to you my friend.
Hopefully those extra hours mean a fatter paycheck that'll help smooth things out in the long run.

Either way... appreciate the update. Was starting to think I should give you a ring again. Glad to hear your just busy and ok. :thumbup

LS Swap Everything!
It's been quite a while since I've said much here. I regretfully have been consumed by work/life lately and haven't had much play time online (despite looking at stupid stuff while work is dead/slow).

The donation you gave was more than my family could have asked for. It kept them in food, clothing, housing, and fuel until the insurance company supplemented them. My parents were, and are grateful for the kindness they've received from everyone, both on & off this forum.

They're currently residing in an apartment. The lot has been cleared, and for the first time I kind of freaked out about the whole ordeal, standing there, in the street looking at where my home used to stand.

Ultimately, it's just a dwelling, and the stuff in it was just that, stuff. It's all replaceable over time. My loved ones and dog survived, and that's all that matters.

Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to thank you all. I hope everyone else is doing alright!

Discussion Starter #65
:beer don't be a stranger. ;)

Registered
Glad to see you back! Hope you get to have a break more often!! So are you guys going to put another house up on the lot?

LS Swap Everything!
No. They're walking away from the lot. They're going to move either out of state, or somewhere in another county when it sells.

I myself am contemplating a move out of state sometime late 2014 if I can find suitable work and cost of living elsewhere.

House of Windsor 4ever!
Well that's good that the family is unscathed. Have you given any thought about what you might want to do?

Low Buck Bum
Northern Idaho/Eastern Washington is pretty cheap, lots of fishing, lots of work if you're willing and able... just sayin'.

was born with a
I somehow missed this.

Sorry to hear about this situation, but grateful to know that you all survived and things seem to be looking up for you all.

I don't support PayPal, but I will definitely help....

Keep your head up.

Pm on the way.

Discussion Starter #72
You guys need to check the dates. I'm sure the thoughts are appreciated... but they've moved on.

Coincidentally though... TODAY IS JAMES BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy B-Day kid. Blessing for you and the fam! :beer

LS Swap Everything!
You guys need to check the dates. I'm sure the thoughts are appreciated... but they've moved on.

Coincidentally though... TODAY IS JAMES BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy B-Day kid. Blessing for you and the fam! :beer
Hahah, Thanks for the belated beer-day wishes, Pepe!

But Pepe is right, the time has passed, and we've moved forward indeed. Just trucking along, looking at the next step in life. I sat down to dinner with my parents yesterday, probably the first time we've sat down at a restaurant dinner to catch, talk, and celebrate in a long time. I don't see them much, so it was nice to spend the time with them. I asked them where they were thinking of going, and what they were thinking of doing, and they both said they didn't know, they haven't given it much thought. And to be honest, I kind of find myself in the same boat... I've thought about it too, but not seriously enough to commit to any kind of move.

You're right Rich... lots of good fishing up in those parts. I'm kinda playing it by ear, and letting the wind take me around. Thinking about a lot of scenarios, and wishing I could break free from the Technician life/career, but honestly... I'm too good at it to just give it up & change paths right now. Not unless something ridiculously lucrative fell in my lap in some place.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.