Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'95 EB 5.8
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. I have started the sixliter upgrade and have all the parts installed and am ready to bump the timing. Now the problem

I cant find the spout connection ANYWHERE!

this is a 95 (some tech books call it a 95.5) 5.8 California edition (Mass air, 2 O2 sensors) so it is a little diferent

so yeah

HELP!!!!!

thanks

p.s. can and have searched

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,492 Posts
drivers side fenderwell next to your control module. Not sure on california models but assume the same.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
There's no difference in the ignition system of a 1995 CA 5.8L model. As these guys have said, it's very near your ignition control module, below the driver's side hood hinge. Remember to bring the baseline timing back down when you go in for emissions testing.

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
Yeah on mine it's under the left hood hinge, about six inches below it actually, comes off the wiring right before the module connector that is bolted to the inner fender. Mine is two thin gauge red wires with a black connector & a grey spout connector. It's not wrapped in the larger collection of wires it's in the small set that the ign cont module connector & wiring comes out of.

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
On a side note. I did the sixliter tune-up with all Accel parts: 48,000 coil, 300+ wires, cap & rotor, & Autolite FRM-24 plugs. I just started tearing into a intake manifold leak & noticed something weird. I have what looks like damp baking soda (THICK) on the tips of the left bank of spark plugs/ inside boots on 5,6,7,8 & only where the coil wire plugs onto the coil itself not on the cap! My plugs are gapped correctly & after about 8 tries IIRC, my timing is dead on 13.5* The passenger side plugs & plug wire boots are clean & I pulled the #5 spark plug out & it is dry, & seems to be fine. Everything has only 500 miles on it because I was breaking in my gears so I've been watching the millage. Any ideas guys? Not sure if it has to do with too much timing but it's weird that it's exclusive to the left bank & the coil only! -Kevin-:popc1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts