Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have looked at a lot of pictures but have not found what I need.

I am looking for a high quality picture of the timing pointer on a 94 351W. The previous owner removed the pointer on my engine when he did the timing chain cover and it never got put back on. I have not been able to find a 351 in the local junkyards, lots of 5.0 and I have a pointer from one but dont know if its the same.

So please post a picture if you got one.

Thanks,
Cymon

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts

Here you go.........:thumbup -Kevin-

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

What year? (96) I dont have the sensor, but it gives me a great idea where the pointer is suppose to be.

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
lol yeah, that was the night before we left for a Rubicon trip. The whole side of the timing cover was wet, but not from above. It's the real reason I'm in the process of pulling my motor to seal up all the leaks. I thought replacing the intake gaskets would fix the problem, but it didn't and I was leaving real early the next morning. It was a last ditch effort to seal it, and just about worked since it's been like that for almost 2 years....:goodfinge...ugly as shit though-bright ass orange too! :doh0715:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i know this is an old thread but I'm looking for this exact timing pointer. I've tried other buy they don't fit my 96 351. Do you know anyplace I could find one like yours?
I have a 96 351w in my e350, all factory original. Get the pointer at the salvage yard like u pull n pay. Mine looks exactly like but without that plug in sensor protruding part..
It bolts UNDER 2 water pump or timing cover bolts. One of the 2 lets has a protruding lip around its bolt hole that self centers in the bolt hole.
Hope that helps.
I'm' trying to figure out how to read the thing. My dampener does not have timing marks, just TDC mark on it. I don't see marks on the pointer from looking down from above through everything.
Be sure to unplug the coup connector to stop the computer from advancing the timing while setting 10 BTDC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts