Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure this is the right section for this sort of topic but I tried searching and couldn't really find anything else so I figured I'll ask here. I'm wondering now with craigslist drying up a bit with the pay to place an auto ad, where else have people had success in finding their trucks?

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
when I was younger and looking for older stuff I would cruise rural neighborhoods and farms looking for stuff parked in peoples yards, especially good if you are looking for trucks. I've found a lot of cars and trucks that way over the years. Not the most efficient way but its kinda fun. As far as craiglist goes you might have to expand your search a few hundred miles or a few thousand, guess it depends on how bad you want one

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
I'm wondering now with craigslist drying up a bit with the pay to place an auto ad...
You have to pay to list a vehicle on craigslist now? When did they start that?

CL is where I found mine.

If you're on FB, check out Marketplace. I don't know how to search non-local areas though.

·
Super Moderator
23,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
You can use searchtempest.com to search multiple cl cities at a time. There are also apps that do the same, too.

There's also these sites:
Autotrader.com
Cars.com
Carsforsale.com

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
www.autotempest.com shops all the car sites like car guru auto list, auto trader (but not auto trader classics), cars.com, eBay Craiglist and a couple more Auto listing sites.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for info and everything... last I heard when a friend was trying to post his old truck on craigs they now make you register and he said they charge $5 or something to post an add to thin out all the junk posts and fake ads clogging it up.

Didn't know bronco graveyard had a section I'll have to keep an eye on that, I've been maxing out the search radius everywhere I've searched, I'm not opposed to driving a day or so to find what I want. Maybe I'm just being too picky in my search :shrug

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm located in the Dallas, Texas area and it's crazy how many Broncos are listed on Marketplace (Facebook) - There is a '86 on there right now for $1300, a '89 for $2000, a '82 for $2000 and many more.

Here's a link:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/dallas/search/?query=Bronco&vertical=C2C&sort=BEST_MATCH
Yea, that's the one thing I can't stand about Ohio... looking for anything that isn't rotted halfway to nothing around here is like finding a needle in a haystack unless you're putting up 10k for something that "needs some work" :doh0715:

·
Registered
103 Posts
May be worth your while to travel down South to find you a rust free and lower priced rig

Yea, that's the one thing I can't stand about Ohio... looking for anything that isn't rotted halfway to nothing around here is like finding a needle in a haystack unless you're putting up 10k for something that "needs some work" :doh0715:

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
I'm located in the Dallas, Texas area and it's crazy how many Broncos are listed on Marketplace (Facebook) - There is a '86 on there right now for $1300, a '89 for $2000, a '82 for $2000 and many more.

Here's a link:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/dallas/search/?query=Bronco&vertical=C2C&sort=BEST_MATCH
FB is so skewed; after I clicked this link now it will only show me 3 broncos from dealers in our area and nothing else from the keyword Bronco. Their archieve and search engine sucks about as much as bing askjeeves or yahoo search in 2019.

·
Registered
822 Posts
FB is so skewed; after I clicked this link now it will only show me 3 broncos from dealers in our area and nothing else from the keyword Bronco. Their archieve and search engine sucks about as much as bing askjeeves or yahoo search in 2019.
Zucc has decided to alter your reality. Pray he does not alter it again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts