Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
unfortunately fb market place seems to have replaced craigslist.
I prefer craigs list and forums over facebook.
Couldn’t agree more... seems like they get a kickback for pushing dealer product and making it a giant pain in the ass to find what you want from actual people. That and every Jim-bob and Jilly-Ray think their prized truck is worth it’s rusty weight in gold 🙄

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Like two months ago. Costs $5 to post a car listing now.
That's not too hateful, at least it's not a percentage like ebay and it will likely keep some junkers off Craigslist.

They probably started charging b/c so many dealers were using if for free marketing.

So @deathside23, I would still keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's not too hateful, at least it's not a percentage like ebay and it will likely keep some junkers off Craigslist.

They probably started charging b/c so many dealers were using if for free marketing.

So @deathside23, I would still keep an eye on it.
Yea, it's definitely not terrible but I have noticed that it seems to be driving away a good amount of people. Why would they want to pay $5 to post something when you have other places that'll let you post for free? If anything I think it's part of the reason facebook marketplace has taken off recently... and gone to shit.

·
Premium Member
3,271 Posts
Sounds like you're like me, lol.... whenever and wherever I find what I'm after I'll travel to get it if the price is right.
indeed. i bought my bronco in tucson. my fusion in college station. a mazda in jacksonville. my wife's escape in bowie, tx. my wife's ranger was in san antonio. i'll go where the cars are. i think the last car i bought in DFW was in 1998 or 1999 (ie. before the internet shrank the world)

·
Registered
957 Posts
I put a want ad on CL back in 2014 I think it was for my F100 and got it that way. My Bronco was on FB and so was my recent flatbed truck acquisition.

I don't know if FB has changed things recently as it's been a couple years since I got my Bronco, but it was listed under a specific FB local classifieds group and not the marketplace (I checked both after I found it in the group), so had I been only looking at the marketplace and not browsing the 3-4 classifieds groups I'm in then I would have missed it. If I ever list anything on FB it gets placed in all the groups I'm a part of that I select and it goes into the marketplace as well, so that's why I'm not sure if they've changed it since then or not. Vice versa as well, if you only check the marketplace then you might miss something in your local groups. :dunno

I'm always looking at stuff whether in need it or not though. That's how I ended up with my last two vehicles.

·
drop the gloves
47 Posts
I've had good luck on Craigslist and Ebay. I've been buying and playing with then selling this era F-150s, F-250s, F-350s, and Full-Size Broncos and even 3 Original Body Style Broncos over the last 5 years in California and I'm now in Texas. I've owned and sold 12 in that timeframe while following the market. I can tell you that rust-free well cared for vehicles of this type are far cheaper in the LA, Sacramento, San Diego and San Francisco areas than here in Texas. I was pretty surprised when I got the sticker shock here in Texas. I think it's because Californians care a lot about MPGs. Maybe it's the 4x4 and truck culture in Texas. But regardless of the reason, California and Arizona are good places to look for solid Broncos if you can deal with the shipping costs. I'm originally from Boston where everything is a rust bucket and there is nothing better than a rust-free California or Arizona vehicle. It's a joy to not deal with rust! Growing up we had cars that rusted to nothing. I remember my Dad kicking some ice off of the huge bumper on our 1973 Ford LTD and the entire bumper fell off! He just looked at me and shook his head. Talk about rust. The car was only about 6 years old. On another note, my nephews are working in Yosemite National Park for the summer and they just purchase a 1992 F-250 4x4 extended cab with a rebuilt 7.3 IDI Diesel in rust-free good condition for $1,700. They're going to drive it back to St. Johnsbury, VT. It's worth twice that in VT. The biggest reason cars get taken off the road in Vermont is they can't pass the safety inspection due to rust. Anyway, I recommend California Craigslist or eBay. This one would be a couple of grand more here in San Antonio, TX
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/glendora-88-bronco/6926148798.html

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Thanks for info and everything... last I heard when a friend was trying to post his old truck on craigs they now make you register and he said they charge $5 or something to post an add to thin out all the junk posts and fake ads clogging it up.

Didn't know bronco graveyard had a section I'll have to keep an eye on that, I've been maxing out the search radius everywhere I've searched, I'm not opposed to driving a day or so to find what I want. Maybe I'm just being too picky in my search :shrug
I feel ya on the travel part. I live in Northwest PA and found my rig at a dealer in Texas and had it shipped up to me after looking for over a year.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think I'm addicted to searching Marketplace and Craigslist, lol.... I've been searching for early model Rancheros, Econoline Pickup and Vans here lately.

I put a want ad on CL back in 2014 I think it was for my F100 and got it that way. My Bronco was on FB and so was my recent flatbed truck acquisition.

I don't know if FB has changed things recently as it's been a couple years since I got my Bronco, but it was listed under a specific FB local classifieds group and not the marketplace (I checked both after I found it in the group), so had I been only looking at the marketplace and not browsing the 3-4 classifieds groups I'm in then I would have missed it. If I ever list anything on FB it gets placed in all the groups I'm a part of that I select and it goes into the marketplace as well, so that's why I'm not sure if they've changed it since then or not. Vice versa as well, if you only check the marketplace then you might miss something in your local groups. :dunno

I'm always looking at stuff whether in need it or not though. That's how I ended up with my last two vehicles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think I'm addicted to searching Marketplace and Craigslist, lol.... I've been searching for early model Rancheros, Econoline Pickup and Vans here lately.
I've run across more econolines that I care to have seen... but I will say after I pick up a bronco that might just be my next project. Who doesn't want a sweet ass van with a crazy 60s paint job and smoked out bubble windows?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I stumbled across this thing while cruising another 4x4x site. They made them in 1987 and 1988 with 4 wheel drive and a 5 speed. I would love to get one and paint it like the "mystery machine" and wheel the hell out of it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure this is the right section for this sort of topic but I tried searching and couldn't really find anything else so I figured I'll ask here. I'm wondering now with craigslist drying up a bit with the pay to place an auto ad, where else have people had success in finding their trucks?
I suggest speaking to people that travel extensively within a certain radius of you. You know how far you are willing to travel for one...you pick the radius.

Mailman, SO deputies, UPS-FedEx-etc drivers, tow truck drivers, game wardens, equipment road mechanics (such as myself), satellite system installers, etc. Think about anyone, you know, that travels the area for work. Then, just find a way to bump into them and start a conversation!

·
Registered
103 Posts
My thoughts exactly, I really dig the econoline trucks and vans, you just don't see them on the road and I like to be different.

I've run across more econolines that I care to have seen... but I will say after I pick up a bronco that might just be my next project. Who doesn't want a sweet ass van with a crazy 60s paint job and smoked out bubble windows?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts