Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've heard things about putting golf balls, BBs, or antifreeze into a tire to help it achieve balance. After beating the crap out of google, I can only find information on why NOT to use golf balls (on the big trucks at least)...and nothing on the other two.

Anybody fill me in on these thoughts?

I think part of my bouncing issue is all the dried up caked on mud that lines the inner side of my wheels, but outside of attacking my wheels with an icepick to remove the dirt, what do yall know about the "inside the tire" balancing methods, and how well the different ideas work?

I dunno why I'm asking about this. I'm having an unfamiliar urge to learn about something new..... I think I'm going to go lay down now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
On light pickup tires I have never had any luck with golf balls, or sand, or Equal.
Pretty sure it is because the rpm's of the tire is too high.

A big truck tire turns a lot slower like 475 rev's/mile, while a 33" tire is around 631 rev's/mile

·
Unregistered User
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*nod* I've just heard a few things floating around..figured some ppl would know more details. I know Bronkzilla is using golf balls in his hummer beadloks.. and I've read on some 4-Runner forums about antifreeze...

I dunno. I'll shutup and go back to bed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts