Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to put 38's on my 88 and put it's 33 on my 96. The 96 doesnt go off road but the 88 DOES!!! here mud is next to nonexistant! So what are some good choices of tires for very rocky terrain and snow in the winter?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would go with mastercraft AT's for your 96. They wear really good.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Goodyear MT/R's, they wear well, excellent traction, and decent road manners.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont need tires for the 96 im putting te 33" Pro Comp x/terrains that are currently on the 88 on it then i will put some kind of 38's on the 88

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Expensive? Nitto Terra Grappler's.

Cheap? Any decent All Terrain with lots of siping.

In the middle...the Interco Truxus MT has lots of siping and does good on road, on the rocks, snow, mud - pretty much like the BFG MT except lots of sipes and not as suseptible of a sidewall. Of course, the truxus leans more towards mud then you may like. DC Fun Countries come to mind.

EDIT: Truxus only goes up to 37". Look into the Terra Grappler's, just be ready to spend some cash. Same with the Dick Cepek Fun Countries.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would go with BFG AT, they are also rated very good for snow. If you are driving in deep snow most of the time I would go MT's. On the other hand AT suck for rock........Sh#t I hate looking for new tires, gives me a headache.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I was thinking about the Super swamper IROK's or the Tsl/sx's anyone got expierience with these?

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Thornbird or Turdbird? Poser tire in my book, sorry.

If you're going to see much road at all, the Irok's are NOT your choice. The high void clearance and sticky compound which makes them wonderful offroad makes them wear away quickly onroad. Plus they don't have *that* thick of a tread, they rely up on the high void.

The TSL SX is a tough tire. It is HEAVY and WIDE generally. It's a good one though, as long as you want bias ply.

How about just bias ply SS TSL 38x12.5x15 for ~200 bucks a pop? I wouldn't go ice running on them, but that's a pretty good price for the tire you get. Same size SX is ~235, again still a good tire for a good price. 250 for the turdbirds...not a good deal.

It's all about exactly what you plan to run. The SX's are great trail tires. TSL's are an all-around athlete like the Irok.

EDIT: I believe dogonmut runs SX's, maybe pm him about his opinion of them. They're a good tire. Alot of people on Pirate are pissed because Interco isn't expanding the SX size range up into the 40's. They know that alot of people who are buying Irok's to get those sizes would be buying up the TSL SX's instead and would cut into their "wonderchild" sales.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my 88 sees about 3 miles of asphalt a day and thats round trip but there is heavy snow at times in winter but the off road terrain here is rough HARD and almost always dry

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
PM Scott about his SX's. He's one of those fawkin Arizona guys though, doesn't know what snow is. O_O!

He just gave his truck hell (check out his H2H trail damage thread) including more bending of sheetmetal and at least one rim being bent but no mention of his SX's giving out.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Super Swamper would be so tight...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts