Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a bit of a tire crisis, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for tires after my SAS (parts on the way, should be rebuilding in the next month or so, actual swap in the early/mid spring). I've been planning on going with 35x12.5x15 Truxus MT's due to their Jack-of-all-trades status, but I've been thinking about running two sets of tires. I'm thinking about maybe running 35x12.5x15 BFG AT's on the street and getting a pair of Interco LTB 34x10.5's for the thick stuff (I'll be mud dragging this truck a few times over the summer). So these are the two options. I can either spend 1300 dollars on two sets of tires, or spend about 800 dollars on the Truxus.

Another thing I wanted to know is anybody's experience with SSR Radial's and TSL Radials. How many miles would these be expected to endure on the street? 25k? 35k? Anybody have real experience with these on 1/2 ton's? I've been considering that route as well - can you tell I'm torn. :duh

Money is always a concern, but I am 75% sure that come time to buy the tires, doing the two-tire route will be perfectly feasible and easy on the bank account. Thanks for your input guys!

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
35's are way too small. you should run 37's on that sas. in fact, i recommend bfg mt's.

by sheer coincidence :)toothless ), i have a set for sale CHEAP, including the 8 lug wheels you'll need...much more bling than girlie man 35's...

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Nice 37's those would look sweet

·
Registered
74 Posts
I run the 37" SSR's, I can't give much opinion regarding street driving, I have driven my 78 on the road with rear locked to the trails and have recently trailered my rig to the trails last 3 or 4 times out. I have sliced one sidewall, but other than that they have held up good.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have secretly considered making an offer on your tires, Jackhart, but I don't know if I want to go with the BFG MT's. They would do good for street tires. Too bad I'm 5x5.5 and not 8x6.5.

How much would shipping be to the Midwest? 52544 by chance? The price on the tires is a steal, but shipping and 17x9 rims are what I need to figure out. Should this go to PM?

Anybody else have street mileage numbers for the SSR/TSL Radial?

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
shipping on the tires would be $52 each, insured, via dhl...even with shipping you're saving a ton of money...:rockon

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why must you put bad ideas in my head Jackhart. No tempting. I'm giving it consideration, but would like more input on the other tires I've mention. 17" rims are expensive..

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*bump*

I'd really like to hear some personal experience (if there is any) from people that have the radial TSL/SSR's. I'm really tempted by those 37's though...I've wanted to go bigger then 35's cause almost NOBODY has bigger then 35's here...bah...

If only I were going 8-lug too.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
I ran 37X12.50X15 Radial TSL's for 2 years. I bought them used from a Bronco owner who lightly wheeled them and put only a few thousand road miles on them. I put about 10,000 miles on them myself, ALL city driving since I owned them, and 1 off-road trip to Ocala. They performed well in the mud, although I didnt do much hard core action with them so I cannot speak to their limits.

Street driving was fine, no wandering or anything unexpected. 80+mph on the interstate was no problem.

No bad things to say at all. They have about 60-65 percent tread left, (the first stage is BARELY still on the tread in some places, and its not that thick to begin with), so I'd guess 30-35k is reasonable to expect from them. Allcruisen is now the proud owner of my tires.

Heres 2 pics of the tires with about 15,000 miles on them.

-Will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts