Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I will be gettin a FSB in the next month, The one Ive been lookin at is a 86 with a 302 automatic. Whats the biggest tire I can put on it without draining the power and without having to get lower gears?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Search newbie

:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

·
Full to Empty 6.5 Seconds
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy,

did you ever think some people just cant find the answer through a search? And did you ever figure that some people dont know alot about broncos? :wacko

·
Registered
305 Posts
IMNSHO, you are going to be unhappy with anything larger than a 31 x 10.50 x 15, assuming you have 3.55 gears.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
oh man. i had this long reply typed out and it error-ed out. ok, dude i really think that people just as easily could answer the question as flame you for asking it, but thats another story.

what you need is a chart for converting stuff. with 31s you will run 2085 rpm @ 55 and with 33s it goes to 1960. thats with 3.55 gear ratio. also, i just found that with a little conversion program i found here http://www.4lo.com/4LoCalc.htm and i found that by entering "gear ratio,tire size" in Yahoo search. "what size tire can i run" has to be the oldest most asked question besides "how much lift do i need to run" ... either way, i do think jumping newbies cases isnt cool to a certain degree, but i understand why people do it. my pet peeve was when there were two threads going about what welder to buy and a guy asked a third... dude. the other two threads were still on the first page of the forum. still with as many members as we have & as few that vote & visit regularly, i think they get scared away. get a 78-9 & 460, run what ever you like.

·
Registered
893 Posts
but still, if u use this....

you will find a lot of info. like andy said, all the info you need is posted here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You will be fine with 33 X 12.50 on a stock Bronco. Everytime I use the search I hardly ever find what I'm looking for and accidently post an already posted subject. The search is too exact. :rebelflag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts