Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am prepparing to put a 4" long arm lift under my 89. I am currnetly running 32x11.50x15 bfg mt's. My question is will they look simply awfull under the bronc with the new 4" lift? please give me some feed back:red x:

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Have you tried looking at other peoples trucks on the site? Or have you searched for other threads asking about tires size and lifts?? You may want to try that for a better idea.

IMO, 32s will be small. You will probly want to begin budgeting for larger tires for your next set. 33-35s ish, but remember when you do so, your power suffers so you should start thinking about re-gearing as well.... have fun!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 other sets of axles and am hoping to get a set of 4:10 out of 1 of them. I am planning on running 35's in the future. But my wife is bitchin about the cost. since I have only been running my 32's for about 3 months. I just can't incure the cost of new rubbers right now. What I am asking is will it look like shite with the lift and 32's

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
they dont look terrible. but 35s look alot better IMO

Pros of 33s:Cheaper(usually), more flex a little better MPG.........
Cons:might look funny, sometimes limits off road capabilities

it really depends on your preference. search for some pictures. if they are new tires either ride em out untill u need new ones. or sell them and put the money to 35s.

good luck

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not always. I am lifting because I am tired of dragging and bashing body parts. I took my hi-lift and jacked one side up 5" to get a better Idea. It doesn't look to bad. but I agree 35's look better. Also will I have to trim to put thwe 35's on when I get them?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh thanks. I am new to the whole forum thing. but been wheelin since I can remember. I know my COG will change. I am just concened about the looks as well as the functionablity.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
31's look goofy, 33's look about the min you want, but ive never seen 32's on a 4in.

I like 35's on a 4in, have you tried craigslist, there are some good deals on tires there.

·
Back in Action
6,587 Posts
not always. I am lifting because I am tired of dragging and bashing body parts. I took my hi-lift and jacked one side up 5" to get a better Idea. It doesn't look to bad. but I agree 35's look better. Also will I have to trim to put thwe 35's on when I get them?
trimming can help with travel. but i havent trimmed mine. rarely rubs:beer

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
sell the 32's here, or trade them for 35's. Check out the For Sale section, there are usually tires popping up there all the time (no pun intended). You may be able to save a couple bucks by getting a used set of 35's, then selling your 32's to eat up some of the cost.

I run 32's because i have no monies for a lift at the moment, and i need a new or lightly used set of 32's.

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
broncorob. where do you live I will sell you my set of 32" bfg mt km's they are all 50% or better for $250 I live in Idaho

·
Registered
473 Posts
that looks horrible.

you should sell it to me for like $100.00 so you don't have to bare looking at it anymore. really. you should.

:thumbup
Gee and I thought I would have to pay people to take it off of my hands! :doh0715:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts