Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my tire rack and I've seen alot people doing it. What I was wondering was what do I do about the wholes?

Thanks, Travis

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,864 Posts
Gonna need to do this soon myself.
I've got no problem with putting the bolts back in and calling it good...
BUT...
Where the hell do I put my spare?!?
Anybody come up with a solid way to store a 35 inch spare?
Need something secure enough for muddin and mountain climbing. :rockon

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
i barley ever had the rear seat in, but what i did was throw a tire iron, a under the tire, put the tire over the center mount for the rear seat, and bungee corded it there, the tire covered the tire iron, and i had a small board and i threw that over the tire. and i covered it with a APB

( All Purpose Blanket :D ) kept it looking clean, and the tire didnt slide around too much

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Believe it or not, but a 35" tire, laying on its side, will just fit between the tailgate and the rear seat. I currently have it strapped down to a few ublots i put through the bed, but i still want to build a carrier for it like Blown has.

B

·
0 Posts
No rear seat? Use a 1/2" "J" bolt or screw eye cut to a "J" shape. Hook it around the rear seat clip mount bar in the center of the bed and up through the rim. Crank down 3/4 nut. It works great!

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
I have my rear seat folded up and the toolbox is strapped forward sandwiching the spare :thumbup ... coupla straps holding the tire from slipping side to side as well

I would also recommend doing what reptilkus has done :thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
You might be, but your tires aren't. Oh well to each his own, if we ever wheel together you can use mine if needed.:thumbup

i guess i should clarify. i won't be doing any real wheeling before my next trip home and until i just bought my 35s, i didn't have a fullsize spare. i needed a fullsize spare because i have posi in the rear. i also pay a shitload for AAAs best coverage so i can get towed 100 miles if i have a flat on the road.

either way, my spare is probably going back on when i go home over christmas break since i now have a 35" spare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts