Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, got a question. how much would the acceleration and speedo/odometer reading change if i was to go from a 30 inch a/t to a 27-28 inch street tire without changing the gears?

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
what size tires originally came on it?

Need some more information (year, factory tire size, gear ratio (has it been changed?)

·
Registered
533 Posts
what size tires originally came on it?

Need some more information (year, factory tire size, gear ratio (has it been changed?)
why do you need more info? Bronco info: 1978 F-100 2wd; 351m with open air-cleaner, flowmaster 50, and forcibly removed tailpipe (whoops)! he has forcibly removed tailpipe(whoops). :shrug.
the only reason i quoted justin is becouse it was more funny than what you posted. 30 to 27 inch tires are like a couple of miles an hour on the speedo. the width of the tire is what maters here. ya lost me.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
you should see very little change, jsut go by mile markers on the highway and not difference in your truck from the markers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
aside from mile markers, if you can get a hold of a garmin or tom tom GPS - most of them have a setting that will tell you MPH.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright, i have a bigger problem now than the tire size because the new tires are 30 inches. i passed someone last night and even though i knew i was only doing like 65, the speedo (1978 stock) was reading like 150 no lie. after that it has since been giving me a reading of 10 or so over. my dad says it might be the fact that its like 2 degrees outside thats causing it to run weird. any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts