Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a stock 79 bronco with 351m and no lift it has the quad shock set up in the front i now have 31x10.5x15 my tires are dry rotting and i am in the need of replacing i like the ride and everything works great i am in the process of buying turbines rims from a dodge truck
what is the wheel lug spacing o:thumbupn the broncos and will these fit on my bronco??
my next question is what is the biggest size tire to go with without loosing the good ride i was thinking 32x12.5x15 and will these rub?? when turning ??
any help will be appriciated
thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should have the standard Ford truck 5 x 5 1/2" bolt pattern. And, I think 33"s will fit without rubbing, with the exception of maybe full lock turn...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire Size

Tires are 225/50R16 in the form specified. The first number is the width of the tires, the second number is the aspect ratio , and the third number is the wheel diameter. separator characters are not important. Technical specifications include the speed category dealt with properly, as well as tire size TRX.

·
Registered
217 Posts
if its a mid 90's dodge it should also use the 5x5.5 lug pattern. i dont remember the exact years but its easy to figure out on google.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Dodge trucks used 2 bolt patterns for their 5 lug trucks. As was mentioned, if you go with a late 1980s or newer wheel you're okay with 5 on 5.5" pattern, but anything before that uses a 5 on 4.5" pattern, which will fit an Explorer, but not your Bronco.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts