Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noobies, before you post ever again - read this...

33" tires
- can fit stock with no lift
- re-gearing is unneccesary, but it doesn't hurt to...
- works best with 4" lift

35" tires
- can fit stock with a big amount of trimming/no lift
- can fit with 4" lift, possibly a little trimming if you wheel
- works best with 6" lift
- re-gearing is highly reccomended...

4" lift
- need extended brake lines if your a HARDCORE wheeler

6" lift
- extended brake lines are reccomended
- MIGHT have to extend driveshaft

anything bigger is not reccomended if you do not even know these... anything i have left out, please let me know, and i will add it into here... :thumbup

·
Registered
741 Posts
you shouldnt really run 35's with stock gears, yes it can be done but its a real %itch on the drivetrain (ie: transmission, motor) I would highly recomend changing gears.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I think is a repost.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drilim said:
I think is a repost.
well i was just trying to get some input and maybe help some people out since this seems to be the main questions floating around :goodfinge

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy351 said:
dude, do you have any personal experience with this?
:goodfinge
its been covered now, all a noob has to do is click my sig line
actually i do :goodfinge

you guys always seem to get your panties in a wod whenever someone trys to "help out", shit...

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
so you have run 33s stock on trails to experience where they rub, how they perform, and you have since then, run 33s on a 4" lift and experienced the difference it made?

funny, i don't remember when you redid the entire front suspension on your bronco:goodfinge

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just because what i have now, and i am new HERE, doesnt mean im some noobie into "your" world...i actually know my shit, with experience from owning, working on, and driving all these vehicles all the damn time - on AND off road... they might not all be broncos, but there are similarities...

1. first truck - 87 k5 - 35's
2. bro's - 87 bronc - 33's
3. dads - 01 ram - 35's
4. moms - 01 tj - 31's
5. best friends - 87 yj - 36's
6. ok friends - 97 z71 - 33's

this is why you didnt get my damn vote... you dont need to know the information obviosly, so just keep to yourself and let someone who needs it read this............

and im also getting most of this stuff from what i have gotten from this and other sites, including opinions from king andy himself :goodfinge

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is that all you can reply with? look, for every vehicle i listed (besides the dodge) 4" of lift is reccomended for 33's, brake lines, 6" for 35's, yadda yadda, you understand... nowhere in this thread does it talk about axle strenghts and so on... and this isnt even about those vehicles i listed, that has nothing to do with this - you just asked... its a tire/lift post, read the title

if its such a neusance to you, talk to damager to get it removed, or just shut your mouth... its simply to help out others, MY BAD

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
KENNY said:
just because what i have now, and i am new HERE, doesnt mean im some noobie into "your" world...i actually know my shit, with experience from owning, working on, and driving all these vehicles all the damn time - on AND off road... they might not all be broncos, but there are similarities...

1. first truck - 87 k5 - 35's
2. bro's - 87 bronc - 33's
3. dads - 01 ram - 35's
4. moms - 01 tj - 31's
5. best friends - 87 yj - 36's
6. ok friends - 97 z71 - 33's

this is why you didnt get my damn vote... you dont need to know the information obviosly, so just keep to yourself and let someone who needs it read this............

and im also getting most of this stuff from what i have gotten from this and other sites, including opinions from king andy himself :goodfinge

Andy351 said:
so you have run 33s stock on trails to experience where they rub, how they perform, and you have since then, run 33s on a 4" lift and experienced the difference it made?

funny, i don't remember when you redid the entire front suspension on your bronco:goodfinge

Hmmm...

I think what 'King Andy' meant was that there are certain things a ttb will require for a good lift that you didnt address. Just because they can fit, doesnt mean they are going to work well...

And the Z71 ifs is almost identical to TTB:brownbag

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KENNY said:
if its such a neusance to you, talk to damager to get it removed, or just shut your mouth... its simply to help out others, MY BAD
im through! i think its funny arguing over the internet - gets you nowhere! :twak

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I got a good chuckle reading this, im sorry no offence to any of ya... I just had a good laugh at the arguing. Thank you :histerica

I understand what you are trying to do Kenny. :beer

But ya got to understand, theres alot of Gear heads in here and anytime you post anything vague and with no details..... your asking for it!!! :slap

Sorry, just had to comment cause it was funny, no offence. I know what you were trying to do. :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Oh, I was getting a good laugh out of it too. Thats why I waited so long to post...but the fact is I have 33's on my '94, with no bumper, and at full turn in reverse, they scrub..I'd hate to even try to articulate over a speed bump...and keep in mind, thats no front bumper...in the '92-96's you need, lift to run them, and at least trimming just to install them....:thumbup

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Well, I'll just say this..... I have a 94, put only 32 x 11.5, but with 10" rims. (bulldog look) and mine rubbed. I had to move bumper forward to clear. And still rubs if I depress tire into wheel well deeper while turning. (wheeling) So I agree blaze. And I only have 2" of lift.

Still, Kenny was ok as far as "the basics"..... what he said can work but varies with certain years......

:shrug

1 - 20 of 32 Posts