Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have read the tire size/gear ratio thread and all the technical data has educated me but for some one who is on a budget, doing one thing at a time, Heres my questions:

I want to run 35x12.5x15 after I have my lift installed, But I won't be able to afford to re-gear for a while. How much damage will it do to the engine/trans. I understand the loss of power, I am willing to suffer with that for the time being. but I don't wanna blow it up or do damage that will cost me more money, What should I do?

Also I am currently running 33x10.5x15s and the loss of power is already noticeable but I have seen a reprogrammer from superlift that recalibrates the speedo and changes the shift points and what not to compensate for the new tire size. Just wondering if anyone has any hands on with these and if it could help some when I move up to the 35s 35'S?

Thanks for any help!

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,998 Posts
I want to run 35x12.5x15 after I have my lift installed, But I won't be able to afford to re-gear for a while. How much damage will it do to the engine/trans. I understand the loss of power, I am willing to suffer with that for the time being. but I don't wanna blow it up or do damage that will cost me more money, What should I do?
you're not going to do any "damage" running 35's, unless you are going to wheel it and there is always the chance you could snap a shaft or ujoint or whatever. hell i did that running my 33's (but it was locked in front). no, you are just gonna have to deal with a sluggish bronco for a while until you regear. you'll get plenty of comments from guys here who run 35's and haven't regeared. some people it bothers alot, some not alot.

i can't comment on the superlift programmer because i have never used it.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Don't bother with the superlift reprogrammer, you can do it yourself with your own speedo.

Search for Steve83's "What is a PSOM and how do I "P" it?" thread.

You should definitely look into getting a MUCH bigger cooler on that E4OD of yours before you burn it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks for the help guys I appriciate it

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
you're not going to do any "damage" running 35's, unless you are going to wheel it

you'll get plenty of comments from guys here who run 35's and haven't regeared
I am running 35's with LS rear, open front, ttb, 8.8, and 3.55....

Wheeled at lots of places, and in the rocks at superlift.....held up alright, no probs, if I need the extra grunt, just go to 4 LO..

The common wisdom here, is that 4.56 are optimal for 35's

whaever floats your boat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts