Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my 93 parked with the wheels straight and you look at the truck from the front you can tell the front tires are leaning inward. inward like the top of the tire is leaning toward the center of the truck. what should be done to fix this? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
An alignment. Did you lift the truck and not get it aligned? Do you notice this after you have reversed or is it all the time? The ttb will pull the tires inward when you reverse and you have to pull forward to straigten em back up....

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
If you have factory rims & tires, no lift, etc., then you may have bad coil buckets or worn out coil springs. I replaced both on my '93, since the coil buckets were rusted through and who wants to do this twice(?), and the tires are now perfectly aligned. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
yeah, when i first got my 86 SC it was a 4x2 and the coils were sagged out so bad I was getting contact with 235/75's over bumps. the cocked in big time no matter what.

But like teh others said, be sure to check after you've pulled forward- they should be straight. If they lean in when you pull straight, pull backwards and check it again.

If they lean in going forward and straighten up in reverse you need an alignment. if they're in all the time you need coils or buckets.

Justin

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
not trying to thread jack, but ive actually never heard that before. what will it mess up if you dont pull forward at all?
Me neither, I've backed mine up before *when it was stock except for 31" and it never pulled the tires up, even doing abotu 15mph in reverse they stayed straight. I'll have to check it out when I get mine driveable again.. :doh0715:

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
I always seem to be opposite of everyone else on this issue. When I park mine after pulling forward, the tires lean in at the top. When I back it up, they sit straight. So Most of the time I back up when I park.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That means your toe setting is out of whack. toed in straightens as you pull forward, toed out dips in as you pull forward.

Justin

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
not trying to thread jack, but ive actually never heard that before. what will it mess up if you dont pull forward at all?
TTB squats when backing up, compresing the springs a little. Parking it like this often, over long periods of time will cause the springs to sag.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My pivot arm bushings didn't fix my negitive camber, I ended up taking it to the alignment shop and they put some off-centered bushing in the knuckle to get me back to the correct camber spec.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks for the tip Gac, never heard that before. I have a Rancho 4" lift on my 93. My rear springs sag a little so when I'm under power the top of my front wheels actually come out, not in. When i park the tires are now in. My cousin is a heavy line tech for jeep but he knows these front ends. He told me to put new alignment cams. We haven't done it yet so I'm not sure what those are but he said there around $150-$200. The lift is about 13 years old so I am going to re-arch the rears springs (I think the fronts are still good), replace the pivot bushings and re-replace the radius arm bushings at the same time. Hopefully I'll be good to go.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Probably going to use Energy Suspension bushings (Polyurethane of course). Anyone used them before? Do they last? Something else I should use?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts