Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i posted up on here before on what i should do with tire size, and i decided i want to run 35's for DD and off roading, so naturally that means a mud terrain. i'm leaning towards the bfg m/t, but i like the trxus m/t too, what do you guys think, what are you guys running and what do you like? thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
What is the difference in price between the two? the tread pattern is close to being the same, so I would figure out which one wears and rides the best on the road, they should be pretty equal in the mud? , but thats just a guess

·
Registered
627 Posts
Im a huge fan of interco tires....The Iroks are great tires but wear quick...the Truxus M/T's wear good, and the Vortrac is great....I have run the Truxus STS in the sand before and there is no better sand tire other than a paddle

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol, yeah i want the 38/12.5 Ones you have, you just want to much, or is it i don't have enough cash, can't remember. just joking, i'm really leaning towards the bf mud tires, guess i'm looking for a reason not to get them

·
Registered
285 Posts
I started off with a set of thornbirds I got for free in 35x14.5, I never really got to use them offroad but I absolutly hated the onroad manners. I don't mind a vehicle thats rough around the edges with some handling "character" but those were pretty bad. However I did really like the width and the stance they gave the truck. Unfortunatly not many tire companies sell a 35" with a width over 12.50.

So I did a lot of research myself, here and other places and i found the toyo open country m/t. It comes in a 35x13.5..........I was NOT however going to buy this tirejust for the width and have a crappy tire so I read review after review after review. I could not really find a bad thing said about the tire other than the price. I found them pretty cheap online, got them mounted and bead balanced them myself. It has so far been a GREAT tire. The wear has been good, road manners are excellent, great look. I haven't done a lot of offroad because my gear swap is not done in the front but I did take them on a trail in the mountians last may. With just a detroit and RWD they didn't hestitate on steep hills and (toaster oven sized) rocks. I've been really happy so far, I think its an underrated overlooked option. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The Pitbull tires are bias ply so the road manners and wear will not be as good as the BFG. Some people really like Pitbull and some people really don't. OF course the people who seem to hate them the most are people who have never ran them. Pitbulls have a very ridgid sidewall and take a lot of use to get them to flex off road. They are however a rugged tire that can take a lot of abuse.

There was talk of a Growler radial, but I do not think it has come out yet.

They do however have some cute models who I would be happy to let rotate my tires.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I started off with a set of thornbirds I got for free in 35x14.5, I never really got to use them offroad but I absolutly hated the onroad manners. I don't mind a vehicle thats rough around the edges with some handling "character" but those were pretty bad. However I did really like the width and the stance they gave the truck. Unfortunatly not many tire companies sell a 35" with a width over 12.50.

So I did a lot of research myself, here and other places and i found the toyo open country m/t. It comes in a 35x13.5..........I was NOT however going to buy this tirejust for the width and have a crappy tire so I read review after review after review. I could not really find a bad thing said about the tire other than the price. I found them pretty cheap online, got them mounted and bead balanced them myself. It has so far been a GREAT tire. The wear has been good, road manners are excellent, great look. I haven't done a lot of offroad because my gear swap is not done in the front but I did take them on a trail in the mountians last may. With just a detroit and RWD they didn't hestitate on steep hills and (toaster oven sized) rocks. I've been really happy so far, I think its an underrated overlooked option. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Toyo makes a very good tire. I think the M/Ts are made in Georgia if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
466 Posts
How fast do you drive? On the interstatenot many. Higher speed = more heat = less wear. I think you would be lucky to get 20K miles if you did a lot of 70+ mph driving

If you stick to 55 hwys and around town you will get 20-30K miles. I almost bought a set of Rockers that had 20K on them and still looked pretty good (+50% tread), but he had them on a light weight jeep. Heavier rig will wear faster. He said they were too loud to cruise around town in with the top off. He is a mall cruiser and was prpbably scared to drive his old jeep faster than 45 mph.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i have 37 pit bull rockers and i love them. they are a bit loud but i like it. and i have had my truck up to about 75 they do just fine. i do need to drug smuggle mine though lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
Kumho KL71 Mud terrains are awsome
Ive had them on my truck for about 3 years now

www.kumhousa.com

they are very aggressive, clean out well, ride nice, on and off road,
mine have about 25,000 miles on them and have 90% tread left

i would be tossed between these and tsl radials (these are alot cheaper)
and last longer

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.