Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, recently I have been looking for a nice set of 31x10.5x15 mall terrains. I have looked at quite a few tires. I like the GY duratracs a lot but they are a lil expensive. I was just wondering what yall might suggest for a nice all terrain. I will not get a set of BFGs though. I drive on a lot of dirt and gravel roads. probably in the 50/50 of on road and dirt/gravel driving. I would like yalls opinions on what you guys have used or would suggest. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
been looking at tires for my 96 as well in the 31x10.5x15 range. But I cant stand to be driving a big beefy Bronco with tires on it that just look a little too small for that all around chunky look. So just today I went to my buddies auto shop and got a nice price for the General AT2 Grabbers 33x12.50x15. They have a nice square tread like the bfgs but they have a lighter price tag and are rated at 60,000. I have a friend who swears by these tires as he ran them on his old skool bronc for years. They do have a 31x10.5x15 available so you may want to check into them. Good luck with your decision.
TJM.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want a more aggressive look though. I dont know what it is about that tread pattern but I hate the bfg at and the general ones

·
Registered
355 Posts
I want a more aggressive look though. I dont know what it is about that tread pattern but I hate the bfg at and the general ones
I suggest looking into the M/T ATZ's

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the st/cs are still in my thoughts but the atzs are too expensive. and the only atzs that come in a 31x10.5 are the atz+s which I also dont like

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
Try the Cooper STT... they look and perform off road like an agressive mud tire but ride like a mall terrain. They are a great all around tire.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea those are in the running also. I like those the cooper st, the mastercraft ct, those duratracs I mentioned in the first post, and quite a few more but some of those are real expensive. I have found these

SAFARI TSR 31x10.50 R15 109Q 6PR OWL
Kelly/SAFARITSR.jpg

and these
OPEN COUNTRY A/T 31x10.50 R15 109S 6PR OWL
Toyo/OPENCOUNTRYAT.jpg

and these
COURSER C/T 31x10.50 R15 109Q 6PR OWL,
Mastercraft/COURSERCT.jpg

and these
4X4 Truck Tire Tech Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/2803...ruck_tire_tech+goodyear_wrangler_duratrac.jpg

and I still like those STTs they are just sweet looking tires
http://image.automotive.com/f/tech/8566425+pheader/0701_4wd_01_z+cooper_discoverer_stt+side_view.jpg

I dont know for sure if those pics will come up or not. If not most are just direct links to sites. I have found most of these around the $130-140 range but I need to check with my local dealer and see what he is charging for some of these

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
I run the STT's and highly recommend them

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea I could see they work well in most conditions that you put them through when I was looking at last months FSM. You got a beaut of a bronco. How did they do with snow and ice on the road? and do they throw a lot of rocks when on gravel? Thats my main concern is the winter and gravel. Most tires can perform just fine with rain and dry conditions

·
B350 built at THE SHOP
2,144 Posts
They are excellent on icy and snow covered roads, snow covered and icy roads was actually the reason I purchased and built the Br0-J and chose these tires (mud and sand also) but I haven't really had them in gravel so I can't help you there... Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The TOYO A/T look awesome but SUCK in wet or snow weather. Had a set of 325/60/18 on my cummins ram and loved it for the looks but not performance. I'd look into Kumho KL78's. I'm on my 2nd set. First on a '02 F250 plow truck and now on my '95 Bronco DD. LOVE them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts