Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im in need of some tires, and I was wondering what ones I should get, I have a qoute from goodyear for 588.03. the tires theyll be getting me are Dunlop Rad MUD River 31-10.5 R 15 I liked the tread on em pretty nice.
Most of my driving will be street, but I will be taking it into mud/snow.

Give me some reccomendations :thumbup

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,857 Posts
The Mud Rover's are good tires, but if these are for the street why get a mud tire? A BFG AT would be a good choice for a 80% Street/20% offroad. A better choice would be a knockoff of the BFG AT like the Street King AT. Cheaper and basically the same tire. Great mileage out of the tires too.

Just my thoughts though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got some mud rovers yesterday for my 78. 33 x 12.50. they are awesome. i have not got to use them in the mud yet though, but i've heard they do pretty well. they arn't too loud either and a hell of a lot cheaper than bfg mt's.

·
Registered
452 Posts
pep boys has cheep, almost exact replicas of bfg at's..i have them on my 83 and they go great...been stuck a few times, but i can only remember it being in clay..and the mud rovers are great in the mud, i have the exact tread pattern on the tires on my 81 and i've only been stuck one time where i wasnt high-centered..but the mud was gumbo and up to my bumpers...lol...goin on 2.5 years, might have another year left

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, what do the numbers mean too if you know, truck is stock, so I dont want to get something that aint gonna fit :toothless but im going start checking some of those out. the pep boys one, is that the "enforcer'?

EDIT, waht did you guys pay for the tires too, so I know im not gettin ripped off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i paid 140 for mine before mounting and balancing. my truck is stock and the 33's dont rub at all, at least just driving on the road. 33 is the height of the tire and 12.50 is the width

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thx for that info, where did you duy em, im not finding the off brad stuff anywhere...

·
Registered
452 Posts
the pep boys can be found on their website, they are the "dakota rvt's"...i think i paid around 400 for 4 of them...the off-brand "Dunlops" that i have i cant remember what i paid...but last time i checked, tirerack.com had dunlop mud rovers (33x12.50) for just under $110 i think...

·
Registered
100 Posts
i'll be running 35x12.5x15 BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A's after i install the 6" BDS lift. great tire from what ive seen and not to bad on your wallet.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I bought 285/75/16 mastercraft at's for my chevy. They were 115 mounted and balanced each.
On my bronco I bought 35/12.50x15 mastercraft mt's for 135 mounted and balanced each. I have 30k on the at's and they are wearing great and around 5k on the mt's and they seem to be holding up well also.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ive got courser m/t's (35's) and they have been on about 3 diffrent vehicles and there holding up great and i even got the metal studs in them for 135 each mounted and balanced. also check out arrouras (sp?)

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
im looking at some P265/75R15 Dunlop Rover RV XT for 93 each
does that seem like a good deal?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have 31X10.50r15 dunlop mud rovers on my truck. They are about 1 month old. Got them for 470 with tax, mounting, and balancing for the life of the tire @ Sams Club. I am very happy with them. They still work great on the highway and roads even with the aggresive tread. They work great in mud and in rocks, have tested them a lot already. They are pretty good in snow. They arent too loud, and they ride pretty smooth. They are a really good value and even if you are 80% road and 20% offroad i still recomend it. Youll have more fun during that 20%.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Grains said:
ok, what do the numbers mean too if you know, truck is stock, so I dont want to get something that aint gonna fit :toothless but im going start checking some of those out. the pep boys one, is that the "enforcer'?

EDIT, waht did you guys pay for the tires too, so I know im not gettin ripped off.
Check out www.tirerack.com, they have the mud rovers for $101 a tire. Maybe goodbeer can match it, discount tire usually does.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those Kumho's AT look pretty nice, lots of good reviews too

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,857 Posts
I'm beginning to hate AT's, I can't return to having MT's. I about got stuck on a muddy level B road tonight (in 2WD mind you, and my light flareside bed doesn't help), which would have been easy with my old MT's I had. Glad I have these just for the winter.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Saurian said:
I'm beginning to hate AT's, I can't return to having MT's. I about got stuck on a muddy level B road tonight (in 2WD mind you, and my light flareside bed doesn't help), which would have been easy with my old MT's I had. Glad I have these just for the winter.
I've got 4 Dunlop mud rovers 33x12.5/15's all about 60-%70% ones got a hole in it near the side wall between the tread blocks if anybody wants them $200ish would make them gone and I'd deliver anywhere in WI/northern IL. They're awesome in the mud no doubt but snow leaves something to be desired.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,857 Posts
I'm hoping to be driving out today through snow and ice to Chicago to grab FoMoCo's 35's he has for when I do my SAS. And 33's with 3.55 gears would suck worse then 31's do already lol.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
Grains said:
those Kumho's AT look pretty nice, lots of good reviews too
i have kumho at 825's i keep on the bko (33's) when not off roading (i dunno how they do off road, i swap over to mtr's for that). you can't beat their performance/price ratio - 31's are around 90 per tire at tire rack. stangmata runs their mt tire and he loves it, and he probably does most of his driving on the street.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I REALLY like the Kumho tires, good reviews etc. but what do you guys think I should get, the MT or AT from Kumho... i drive 90 on the road but when I go off road I dont want to get stuck. any opinion would be great thanks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts