Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been running BFG MT's (35x12.5x15) and I like them alot. I mostly crawl across rock gardens and climb a few ledges.......and occaisionally play in the mud holez.

BuT!!!!

I've been thinking of changing to the Pro-Comp X-TerraiN.

Anyone been using the X-terrains and have anything good or bad to say about them????...........or know anyone that has X-Terrains on their truck?

Thanks in advanace!

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
i see them on a lot of poser rigs out here. there are a ton of them, but they are all on mall crawlers.

i've thought about them too tho

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
King Andy351 said:
i see them on a lot of poser rigs out here. there are a ton of them, but they are all on mall crawlers.

i've thought about them too tho
:shrug ....that doesn't help:banghead :D :D

All the review$ I've read $ay good thing$ about them......not that I don't trust the zine reviews.......but I prefer opinions from folks that have actually run the tires.

When your tires hook up on greasy slop and climb without spinning............you can't go wrong.:)

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
The guy I buy my tires from swear by the Pernelli Jones...He says thats what I should go with on my "project" rig....:shrug I know that doesn't answer the Pro Comp question but it may give ya something else to think about....:toothless

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,883 Posts
i remember a few guys talking about this on bb.com. the comments were all bad ones . I have no true experience with them sorry. I have always stuck to the bfg's because they have proved themselves time and time again.

good luck

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
well i dont know anything about the pro comps but if you think the BFGs are affordable then
check these out http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/searchbyproduct.asp
pull down that list and select Dayton Timberline MT
they look just like the BFG Krawlers. i dont have any experience with them
yet as soon as i save up i am gonna get them in 33" and they
are up the road for $126 ea for the 33" and to me that is very affordable

http://qualityautocenter.com/performance_tires/Dayton_Timberline_MT.htm
http://tireweb.williamstire.com/products.htm?prodid=1200
those are some other sites that have them. but check you local shops

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,834 Posts
I know a couple guys running them, (but all under 35", if that makes a difference). The consensus i have from them is that they are a great tire. Quiet on the road, seem to hold up to highway mileage, and surprisingly enough they really sling the mud into the air.
Ive only seen one pair on the rocks, but that was on a samurai, so i cant say howd theyd work on a fulsize.

The Krawlers looks pretty sweet, but i would not put them on a 4x4 that sees any street driving.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
well i just found this"
Date: 15JAN2003
Company: Dayton
Product: Timberline MT
Model: 98 TJ
Opinion: Excellent!
E-mail: [email protected]

Details: I ordered some new Dayton Timberline MTs to replace some cheapo MTs I had before. These Dayton's are freaking awesome for the price! I ordered the 33x12.50 r15 tires. All I can say is at $125 a pop (mounted) they are worth every penny. They clean out mud and snow VERY good. They have 3 ply sidewalls and 6 ply tread. Dayton is a Bridgestone company and you can tell this tire has benefited from the more expensive tires Bridgestone offers. In my opinion there is no better bang for your buck tire out there which can complete with these. The only bad thing, it took 6 weeks to order these, since they are a new product and were on national backorder. Worth the wait though. Are these tires serious rockcrawling tires? No. But for trail usage and mild rock crawling they are great. Recommended
EDIT:i found that review here: http://www.dirtroad.com/tne.htm
four down from the top

1 - 10 of 10 Posts